Report Bank Charges successes and failures

Comments

• I think the banks are fully on the consumer's side
    Hardly :D

The Banks have just given up trying to fight a losing battle. Valid complaints (of which there are many) are upheld without fuss or ceremony.
  • Bank name: Barclays
    Amount Reclaimed: Wasnt sure
    Amount they paid: £3400

I have had several loans over the last 20 years to purchase cars. I saw the Resolver story and thought I would give it a whirl, nothing ventured and all that! Lunchtime at work I filled out the forms on the page and sent it away.
    3 weeks later, sat watching tv on a Saturday morning I got a text to say £3400 had been paid into my account. Very happy, the paper worked follow. The premium had been around £500 and the rest made up of interest and charges.

Just submitteed again for for my Barclaycard, so fingers crossed for a similar result.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    badday65 wrote: »
    Bank name: Barclays
    Amount Reclaimed: Wasnt sure
    Amount they paid: £3400

I have had several loans over the last 20 years to purchase cars. I saw the Resolver story and thought I would give it a whirl, nothing ventured and all that! Lunchtime at work I filled out the forms on the page and sent it away.
    3 weeks later, sat watching tv on a Saturday morning I got a text to say £3400 had been paid into my account. Very happy, the paper worked follow. The premium had been around £500 and the rest made up of interest and charges.

Just submitteed again for for my Barclaycard, so fingers crossed for a similar result.

I think you have posted on the wrong thread as you mention "premium" Bank charges are not premiums. Can you clarify as you may have got peoples hopes up. Whereas it seems you misposted.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    badday65 wrote: »
    I have had several loans over the last 20 years to purchase cars. .... The premium had been around £500 and the rest made up of interest and charges.

Congrats but you're talking about loan PPI not refund of bank charges [which this thread is about]
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Yes, sorry wrong thead. I must read the title
  • kept on and on to hubby about his Package Bank Account (PBA) with Lloyds for 10 years.
    Well he finally went into branch and got the phone number, after a 90 minute call to a freephone number, explaining why he wanted the account looked at and all the relevant charges. A week later got back almost 1000 gbp yes £1000 paid into the new account. that was with the generous
    interest ontop of the charges that were wrongly applied to the Gold Account. Thank you Martin Lewis you deserve a Knighthood. cheers xxx:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:beer::beer:
  • Debfriend wrote: »
    kept on and on to hubby about his Package Bank Account
    Well done. However, this thread is not on the subject of packaged bank accounts.
  • Hi

I have tried to reclaim charges from Smile (part of the Cooperative Bank) but they replied saying any charges incurred before 12 Jan 2012 are outside of the six year limitation period set by the Limitation Act and therefore statute barred and will not be refunded. Is thos correct and the end of my claim?

Thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Shoegrrl wrote: »
    Hi

I have tried to reclaim charges from Smile (part of the Cooperative Bank) but they replied saying any charges incurred before 12 Jan 2012 are outside of the six year limitation period set by the Limitation Act and therefore statute barred and will not be refunded. Is thos correct and the end of my claim?

Thanks

That response doesnt seem correct with overdraft charges (the subject of this thread). As overdraft charge refunds are a goodwill gesture, there is no limitation.

What were you trying to reclaim and why?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi

I am trying to reclaim charges relating to my overdraft and the fees I incurred. I used the templates on here to submit my claim and they have denied it. They also state I have not demonstrated financial hardship. I also had a Lloyds account when I was a student and I racked up a lot of fees but wasn't sure if they would quote the Limitation Act to so I've held off pursuing it for now. Any further advuce gratefully received.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback