PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House with Static Lodge - now with RM link

Options

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I love playing with the planning portals that have maps, good practice for finding stuff locally.

that infill development just down the B road on the right had a few enforcement order made.

Map interface to planning

zoom in and play with the filters on the right.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't spend much time walking around the place until you've heard from the sellers regards your offer. The likelihood is that they'll reject 200k, so it's a waste of time doing much more research right now.
    If they accept, then you can go and do some legwork. If you uncover anything too unsavoury just pull out.
  • The_Palmist
    The_Palmist Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 December 2017 at 2:54PM
    Options
    glasgowdan wrote: »
    I wouldn't spend much time walking around the place until you've heard from the sellers regards your offer. The likelihood is that they'll reject 200k, so it's a waste of time doing much more research right now.
    If they accept, then you can go and do some legwork. If you uncover anything too unsavoury just pull out.

Good tip..I do have a little flex to increase and contemplating whether to start low or go in one best offer.

I would be selling on in 10 years so wouldn't want to pay over the odds.
    Nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. - Alex Supertramp
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    sleepymans wrote: »
    I rather like the whole package....house for me and "lodge" for OH and all his hobbies.....result! (subject to survey, vacant possession and all necessary permissions etc)

;););)

I too would be delighted to have the static caravan. A bonus as far as I am concerned :) I wouldn't pay extra for it though, any more than I would for a shed, a greenhouse or a hot tub.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • The_Palmist
    Options
    My Mrs has been on my case all day so I have given in and offered £210K, now tick tock tick tock
    Nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. - Alex Supertramp
  • Mgman1965
    Mgman1965 Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 December 2017 at 10:23PM
    Options
    If they accept, when you exchange, get your solicitor to examine the contract very closely to make sure they haven't (as seems to be becoming standard practice these days on any land/garden bigger than a postage stamp) inserted an uplift clause, as they can be very onerous, some even covering extensions to the main residence, and seen them range from 20 to 50yrs.

Especially as PP is highly likely as already been granted (although now lapsed).
  • The_Palmist
    Options
    Mgman1965 wrote: »
    If they accept, when you exchange, get your solicitor to examine the contract very closely to make sure they haven't (as seems to be becoming standard practice these days on any land/garden bigger than a postage stamp) inserted an uplift clause, as they can be very onerous, some even covering extensions to the main residence, and seen them range from 20 to 50yrs.

Especially as PP is highly likely as already been granted (although now lapsed).

Great tip..I was oblivious to it but will now keep in mind.
  • Mgman1965
    Mgman1965 Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 December 2017 at 10:43PM
    Options
    It's sellers these days wanting their cake and eating it.

Saw one on a house for sale with a large garden (but no PP, even lapsed), that covered any development, even the present house (so even if you extended it for your own use) that was for 50yrs and 50% of the rise in value :eek:.

They can put buyers off, and some lenders don't like them as they don't like lending on properties with conditions attached for many years.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    My Mrs has been on my case all day so I have given in and offered £210K, now tick tock tick tock

I did not do any price research but from what others have indicated wonder if that is a little on the high side.
    A place are worth what someone will pay and if you have said places with land are scarce that may be worth more just for that.

I have not looked any wider to see if this is a general thing around there but with two properties next to each other that have had planning lapse I wonder if there is something about the site that they both uncovered that makes the builds a bit more expensive.
  • The_Palmist
    Options
    I did not do any price research but from what others have indicated wonder if that is a little on the high side.
    A place are worth what someone will pay and if you have said places with land are scarce that may be worth more just for that.

I have not looked any wider to see if this is a general thing around there but with two properties next to each other that have had planning lapse I wonder if there is something about the site that they both uncovered that makes the builds a bit more expensive.

Thanks...I am intending on using the land for recreational use rather than development....well for the next few years anyway.

Planning application was made by previous owner who I have tried to track with little luck. I would love to hear their experience of living there and planning etc.

PS. Going through planning maps was great fun.. thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure