PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Hello, everyone I've been asked, ever so nicely, so shiny new thread for you all

Quote:

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accomodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accomodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck :beer:
:rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 31 December 2011 at 5:35PM
    For those who are interested, Old Style Weight Loss Part 7 is here :)

Useful Links For Old Style Weight Loss

MSE links
    OldStyle Healthy recipes threads
    Menu Plans Collection

Outside Links

Free food/calorie tracking
    My Fitness Pal (iphone and android apps as well as online)
    MyNetDiary
    Caloriecount
    The rest on google

Free printable food diary
    Printable portion guide

NHS healthy eating website
    BMI calculator
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    I'm here! and ready to start Ration Book dieting as soon as the Festive season is over (namely 1st January :rotfl:)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I will be following this thread with interest - I need to lose some weight this year, but I also need to budget carefully and feed DH and three kids too! I have done WW before, but I find if I'm not careful that I end up spending more and planning seperate meals/food just for me, which isn't very OS!!
  • I too will be following this thread as I need to reduce what I eat and lose some weight before then end of the year. No specific time target but would like to slim down before my next birthday in December I guess.

Will try to have a main meal at lunchtime and something like soup at 5pm and not eat in the evenings any later as I read somewhere that helps with weightloss?

Looking forward to some healthy OS ideas :)

DC xx
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can I join please? I would like to lose weight and live totally OS so like the challenge of cooking everything from scratch and on a budget. I am hoping for a £100 a month spend maximum (although not to include cleaning products or cat food). Most of my clothes are too tight and I only want to buy clothes that I need rather than have outgrown. Some how buying and eating too much food and having to buy new clothes feels totally at odds with the rest of my life where I am quite frugal and a careful planner.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £103/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm here! Thank you Penelope and a Happy Slim New Year to everyone :D
  • Please can I join? Have been looking at the buget for next year and really need to look to save pennies where I can which means the Rosemary Connelly membership is going to have to go. Have had a bit of a failure with December and think I weigh more now than I did at the beginning of the month :( oops!!

Feeling pretty motivated now though and want to stick at it.

(fuddle and ragz thanks for your posts on the other forum, it got me looking for this one and gave me the push I needed to make the decision to drop my other class :) )
    :j

Sealed Pot Challenge #1505

'you wouldn't worry about what people think, if you realised how seldom they do'
  • I would love to have a go too!

Although I joined the forums a while back i've been lurking mainly, but i'd really like to give this a shot.

I have quite a bit to lose, but also I am wanting to cut out all the junk food and take aways, I love to cook but because only i'd eat it it seems a waste of time - i've got to get out of this mind-set!

I've been bulk buying and the pantry is coming on nicely, I think it's time to start using it lol.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 December 2011 at 10:45PM
    Im in for the long haul. As I said on t'other one I will aim for 14 lbs starting on the 6th January 2012. In the meantime I will aim to lose the 2lbs that keeps seesawing over Christmas x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Morning ragz, morning everyone.

Well I have been on the scales this morning and I have found that I'm 13stone on the dot. I'm really upset. I did't think it would be that much. I had guessed around 12 stone 4ish but never the milestone of 13. It's a shock and I never want that number to increase.

I am giving myself a mini target of losing 1lb till the 6th Jan because I need to get rid of that 13. Then my challenge target will be 7lbs. I know it is small but I don't know what I'm doing and want something I have a hope of achieving.

I wrote on a different thread that I had accepted that I would always be a size 16. I got a bum kick from ragz, a sleepless night and a determination that I want to be a healthy 30something not just an accepting, getting fatter and more unhealthy one. Thank you ragz. All those 10-12 clothes are still winging their way to the charity shop though. I need a new start, I have accepted my size and now my weight and now it's time to work at it and accept that if I don't I will age unhealthily.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure