* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TQ I hope you having some support with your situation.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Peppa,hope all's well with the move.

Nice to hear from you Free,Mrs I is right ,you give so much here,we would gladly give back to you.xxxxxxxxxx

Nowt christmassy other than bought tiny marmite jars for the families christmas stockings.

Have had 2 Hospital appointments this week but it's been nice having a road trip with Mr V as any hospital is a three day camel ride from here whichever direction you go in.

DD2 going out tomorrow and a sleepover afterwards,we don't know what to do with ourselves.All suggestions on a postcard to...

Take Care all. Vx
     :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Hi guys

Just been having a quick read back. Not much happening here at the moment, we are clearly organised.

Nic & Treasure, shame about neighbours, not a nice situation to be in, but you show 'em girls, you are bigger than them!

Trendy - congrats, good luck with the planning.

Peppa - hope move goes well and you get unpacked quickly.

Mrs I - your last post was very visual, loved it.

Free - a ginormous hug for you, you post when you want, you know we are all thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

I haven't done much, sorting out bits for Egypt. Spoke to them yesterday, possibility they may come here later in year, kids are beyond excited at the idea! Got to play by ear as their grandfather only died recently and everyone thinks it would do his wife good to come. The earliest that could happen is when I go there, so that it is out, something to plan & look forward to though. Just got the faff of dealing with visa applications, so much easier for me to go there, pitch up at airport, pay my £15 and given a stamp to stick in passport. For them, letter of invitation from me, 3 months of my bank statements, confirmation of my employment from work giving details of salary etc, employers letters from them, bank statements, them to pay a huge fee & all with the possibilty of being refused with no refund. I understand why but it is so frustrating.

Isn't scandalous about the virus in the NHS system. I had to go to hospital yesterday afternoon. Was very funny, checked in, sat down to wait, nurse came out called someone 3 times then realised it was my name being completely mispronounced! Where was I? ENT!!!! I went very deaf about 6 months ago, test showed moderate to severe loss, yesterday's test showed within normal range. He decided it was one at the rarer side effects of shingles as it happened when I had them.

I haven taken to watching Michael McIntyre on YouTube when I go to bed, just a short clip each night. The other night he was talking about preparing for Christmas, he said it begins when the last firework falls on firework night! Thought he doesn't know us!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, thankyou for the lovely comments that is why I love this thread. I have some good news DD2 got engaged yesterday, we all knew about it but it was a complete surprise to her. It was her birthday and her OH took her on a helicopter flight and he had painted in big white letters Marry Me on their roof (they are having it all rebuilt later this year haha) it was brilliant she was crying her eyes out and while they were doing that we decorated the house and got presents ready and I made an engagement cake for them when they got back she cried again. She is so happy it was such a lovely family day. OMG while typing this DD1 just saw the rat come out under the cupboards in the kitchen in broad daylight :mad::mad::mad:

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY wow I cant believe they have to do all that just to visit you, that is a lot of information needed.

VULPIX I hope the hospital appts went well for you and hope you had a nice child free night and found something to do

KERRI thankyou

MRSINVISIBLE thankyou

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Free Congratulations to DD2 on her engagement! :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Trendyjenny
    Trendyjenny Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    hugs to everyone who needs them x
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Huge congrats to DD2 FREE, he sounds like a definite keeper to me. Yuk to the rat though, brazen little b*gger. Have you had the professionals in? Hope that awful BD is moving on now and you're on the way to being back to the real you.

Wow that does sound like a real faff GTQ but if all goes well it will be worth it.

Thank you so much everyone for the good wishes, the move is complete and we're in! Still a few boxes to unpack but can't do them until we move the kitchen and turn the current kitchen into the spare bedroom. Very happy here already though, had a new home card from the neighbours across the road and the lady next door brought us a fabulous home made cake last night. Excited about all the new rooms to decorate too, yay!

Hope everyone is ok, apologies it's a bit of a hit and run visit but just had to drop in and see how you all were.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, I hope everyone is well

3FORHOLIDAYS thankyou

PEPPAPIG oh so glad it all went well your new neighbours sound lovely already what nice things to do to welcome you. Yes DD2s OH is a keeper he is a lovely young man. I think the fug is beginning to lift a bit thankyou. That is next we have traps everywhere electric and normal, tried poison etc etc so we are going to have to call someone out. Grrrr.

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY I really enjoyed that link thankyou haha
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning all :santa2:
    I've just had a read and realised it's not just me that has started Christmas shopping:j my family think I'm crackers lol. I hope you don't mind me joining you.
    So this week I've managed to finish MIL's presents, slippers, a gorgeous big body wash from Bayliss and Harding from the charity shop. Brand new and sealed. Picked up two so the other will go with my mums gifts. I also got 4 packs of old fashion chocolate limes and orange lime creams from Poundland , for 50p each. They will be wrap ups.
    I really should concentrate on June birthdays though, there is literally one every other day.
    Also my eldest girl gets married on Sunday and my son is 30 at the end of the month:eek:
    Have a good Wednesday all
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Julie,Welcome.You are in the right place here,we always have Christmas on our minds.Hope the weather is good for the wedding.x

free,what lovely news.I hope as the weather gets better you will continue to feel better.Get out in the daylight it does wonders for me.I can all too easily get myself in a knot over stuff and a day in the garden puts stuff in perspective for me.Its the just being outside that I like,doesnt matter where or what I am doing.

Peppa what lovely new neighbours,long may it continue.When you have done your decorating please can you come and have a working holiday here.We have been here almost 2 years and 2 of the bedrooms are still not done,neither is the bathroom and the sitting room which I did the first week we were here is looking tatty now the lights better.

Mr V is having an old mate visiting today.He is writing a book about their old days being DJ's.Not that he will care I am sure but I need to do some cleaning,and I hope they stay in the kitchen not the tatty sitting room.This book is apparently very auf wiedersehen pet but dj's not builders iykwim.This guy and his wife have retired to a narrow boat.Now that would concentrate the mind over having too many possessions.

I have been spending a lot of time in the garden.I am turning my attention to the side of the house and drive now.I have done 1 of 2 temporary repairs to the retaining wall and moved tonnes of gravel and fire wood.Slow job but it is looking better/tidier.BINS! they must be dizy,I have had them in so many different spots.

We went to a lovely christening last Sunday and then on to Warrington for the regional competition for Miss England.(Mr V's work)That was interesting.One girl had to duck to get through a door! I felt like an umpalumpa.The reigning Miss England was there,now she is a beautiful girl.

My son and GF have now set off on their road trip to Alaska.Sleeping in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh to be young.Mind he has built a bed frame and they have a mattress.It had to go over the wheel arch so when the mattress is on there is very little room for them,haha.

Washings finished so am off.Love to all,particularly those with neighbour problems.

Vx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family