Fall too Pieces

Comments

• Another update on payday this month i get the contract payout i have being waiting on at work which is 975 the tax man is going to love me this month.

I have went for the safer option at work of the protected xmas holidays contract which means xmas day and boxing and new years day i dont have too work them unless there isnt enough volunteers for overtime. The 2000 pound option would of being nice but i couldnt take the risk due and they were wanting to split the payment into 4 segments so i would be waiting till january for the final payment.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    All sounding good there Scott - especially the bonus and the love life!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2017 at 11:01AM
    Another update on payday this month i get the contract payout i have being waiting on at work which is 975 the tax man is going to love me this month.

I have went for the safer option at work of the protected xmas holidays contract which means xmas day and boxing and new years day i dont have too work them unless there isnt enough volunteers for overtime. The 2000 pound option would of being nice but i couldnt take the risk due and they were wanting to split the payment into 4 segments so i would be waiting till january for the final payment.
    All sounding good there Scott - especially the bonus and the love life!

It is Essex all is good the only problem i am having is my manager at work keeps stuffing up my nightshift unsocials hours payments so that last 4 months my pays keep being up and down.

December 1470
    Jan: 1380
    Feb 1780 (bonus included and jan unsocials and part december unsocials)
    March 1425 (60 hours missing from feb)

Its making budgetting a nightmare i have put together below a mini soa just to give folks an idea of what i pay out. etc etc

Incomings:

Income 1450-1500 from employment (flucuates due to working nights no days in month my TL being useless etc etc)

Market research surveys income 25-75;pm

Total income i will set at 1525.

Outgoings pm

Rent 400

council tax 85

tv license 12

gym 27

broadband 21 (going to ring ee end of the month and see if i can do the line rental saver to drop this)

now tv 7

water 45

gas 32

electric 22 (this is high but i am being super tight i live on my own i have energy saving bulbs, everythings gets turned off when i leave, i charge cell phones and tablets at work/on bus home from work)

Food clothing toiletries 100

Hair cut 7

Mortgage re old house ex is in 200

child maintaineance 140

train tickets to get my son 75

phone bills for my mobile and my sons 46
    mine can be reviewed in december

travel to work 100

step change 180pm

Now if i have totalled this up right thats 1499 :-(

I am also getting income from top cashback which is intermittent some weeks nothing some weeks 135 :-)
  • i dont know what i can cut re the previous post, i am eating dead dead basic

tuna/sweet potato/kale 3 meals a day and porridge oats and protein shakes x
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2017 at 11:15AM
    update re this

Top cashback earnings: £144.73

6/6/17 £0.46
    16/01/2017 £2.69
    25/01/2017 £0.82
    16/2/2017 44p
    19/2/17 96p
    28-2-17 55p
    08/03/17 £2.40
    20,3,17 £1.19
    4/4/17 £135.00 sky
    9/4/17 22p

Survey earnings: £255

4/1/17 £2.50 opinion outpost
    11/1/17 £40 one poll.com
    11/1/17 £2.50 O.P.
    13/1/17 £16 mingle respondi
    14/01/17 £50 cheque populuslive.com cheque is waiting to clear
    23/01/17 £2.50 opinion outpost
    2/2/17. £5.00. Opinion outpost
    17/2/17 £50 you gov
    19/2/17 £25 opinium
    3/3/17 £7.50 Opinion Outpost
    15/03/2017 global test market £30
    15th march £2.50 opinion outpost
    01/4/17 5 pounds opinion outpost
    10/4/17 2.50 opinion outpost
    17/4/17 10 power of opinions
    14/5/17 4 uk hiving

Total £399.73
  • Well well chuffed at the above and i have checked with my accountant family friend and no i wont have pay any tax on the extra earnings

off the hmrc or gov.uk

If you usually pay your taxes using the PAYE system and would prefer not to think about all this extra tax stuff that’s indeed mightily complicated, there’s something you can do to make it all go away. By changing your PAYE code with HMRC, your extra earnings can be taken into account when you’re taxed on your salary and so you won’t have to pay anything extra or fill out a return.

In order to change your PAYE code, you have to work out how much extra you’re earning and then contact HMRC who will help you sort it out. Although it sounds great, this solution is really only effective for the minority of cases for two reasons:

Firstly, your extra earnings can’t add up to more than £2,500, after which you really have to fill out a separate tax return.
    Secondly, your extra earnings need to be quite stable so that you can pinpoint exactly how much you expect to earn in one tax year. If you’re renting a property at a set rate per month/annum, this is pretty easy. However, if you’re earning bits of cash here and there it becomes much more difficult to predict and you’ll end up either over or underpaying, which just leads to more form filling. Using your PAYE code to cover extra earnings also means that you pay your tax sooner as it comes out monthly, whereas your extra earnings could be sporadic – leaving you in the red some months.
  • No news re the job i went for gerrrrrrrrrrrr i bet an update is on my work email i cant access till tomorrow night.

personal life is complicated i must just have attract female nutters as a face, debit wise i have paid a nice lump off step change with the sky cashback i got.
  • I got the job woop woop!

re start date no idea yet i have to wait 2-3 weeks i think to be released by my current team. I just want to go so so badly.
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Well done on getting the job Scott, that's brilliant. Sorry to hear about the nutters- is it the lass from teeside? It seemed to be going well too.
    Will the new job be more money or just better hours? I did read at the time but I'm using my phone and can't easily go back and check. But it's fantastic anyway.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done for getting the job!

Now I don't know if you're from Teeside or that's just where the lassie hails from, but can you get cheap haircuts from the trainees at the college? And gym membership... never cheap :( but I don't know you so I don't know how important it is to you. Seeing there are protein shakes, I'm guessing it matters a lot.

Train tickets - are you booking 3 months ahead to get the lowest prices? Or is there a coach you could get instead?

I though I was good at cheap food but with baked potatoes and porridge oats I can't improve much on what you've got. Have you tried overnight oats for variety? You can flavour them with all sorts of stuff (banana, carrot, sultanas, jam, fruit etc.).

Keep up the good work,

Cherry
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport