Sun Holiday Codes January 2018

Comments

• Hi all, new to this so I'd appreciate a bit of help please. Got a 3 and a 1 year old and are looking at going to a park in the south of france around end of June / beginning of July. Really flexible with dates and I've seen 4 parks which I like the look of all in the same area so I'd be literally happy with any of the 4 parks on any of the 4 dates I intend to put as my choices within 3 or 4 weeks timeframe. Am I likely to get a one of these parks on one of these dates? i.e. are you guaranteed to get at least 1 choice on 1 date or could they turn around and say we have no availability for any of the parks on any of the dates? I dont have sun savers or vip so would be booking on the monday with the 4 letter word codes. Ideally, I'd like to go for a week so whats the best way of achieving this? Do they ever offer more than the 3 / 4 nights? It seems unlikely I'd be able to secure consecutive dates if I applied twice? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Gerrard17 wrote: »
    Hi all, new to this so I'd appreciate a bit of help please. Got a 3 and a 1 year old and are looking at going to a park in the south of france around end of June / beginning of July. Really flexible with dates and I've seen 4 parks which I like the look of all in the same area so I'd be literally happy with any of the 4 parks on any of the 4 dates I intend to put as my choices within 3 or 4 weeks timeframe. Am I likely to get a one of these parks on one of these dates? i.e. are you guaranteed to get at least 1 choice on 1 date or could they turn around and say we have no availability for any of the parks on any of the dates? I dont have sun savers or vip so would be booking on the monday with the 4 letter word codes. Ideally, I'd like to go for a week so whats the best way of achieving this? Do they ever offer more than the 3 / 4 nights? It seems unlikely I'd be able to secure consecutive dates if I applied twice? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

With Holidays outside the UK you have the option of a 7 night Holiday.
    Being outside School Holidays you stand a good chance of getting something.
    If they don't have the exact dates you want they could offer you something close to it.

Have you tried the Daily Mail thread?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765777

Costs nothing to try as I have posted all the codes needed.
    Probably a little more expensive, but worth it to get what you want.
  • Hi Essex Boy, thankyou for your response.

I have looked at the Daily Mail holidays and the parks I am looking at are coming in at around £350 - 400 for a week which is more than I wanted to spend really.

I wasn't aware of the 7 day abroad Holidays - do they still only cost £15pp?
  • Sabino
    Sabino Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Essex Boy, thankyou for your response.

I have looked at the Daily Mail holidays and the parks I am looking at are coming in at around £350 - 400 for a week which is more than I wanted to spend really.

I wasn't aware of the 7 day abroad Holidays - do they still only cost £15pp?

The 7 days are made up of a 4 day (Mon-Fri) and a 3 day (Fri-Mon) both are £15 each (x4)
    Therefore, £120. Plus extras, of course.
  • bitm2007
    bitm2007 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sabino wrote: »
    The 7 days are made up of a 4 day (Mon-Fri) and a 3 day (Fri-Mon) both are £15 each (x4)
    Therefore, £120. Plus extras, of course.

it is £15pp per break, so for larger families (more than 4) the basic cost would be more than £120 + any applicable extra's list by the park.
  • Thanks both. Another question if I may - are the entertainment passes added extras at the French Parks or does it not work like that. Ive been to eurocamps in the past and dont remember paying extra for entertainment etc like you do in the UK?
  • essex_boy
    Thanks both. Another question if I may - are the entertainment passes added extras at the French Parks or does it not work like that. Ive been to eurocamps in the past and dont remember paying extra for entertainment etc like you do in the UK?

The entertainment passes outside the UK are usually free
    You do have to pay either £15 damage insurance non refundable or £100 refundable deposit
    Also you’re expected to clean the caravan to a decent standard before leaving
  • Chris4891
    Chris4891 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Are these codes universal? My wife has tried using them and they come back as invalid. Should we have started inputting them on Saturday?
  • essex_boy
    Chris4891 wrote: »
    Are these codes universal? My wife has tried using them and they come back as invalid. Should we have started inputting them on Saturday?

The code words I provide are for booking on Monday when the main booking office opens
    Sun Saver app/ website is for unique Sun Saver codes only
  • Hi,
    I've been booing the Sun holidays for 10 years +, but I have not received a VIP code for this latest offer.
    I emailed the Sun regarding this a couple of days ago, but have had any response as yet.
    We always book with some family friends, they have received a VIP code, which means they will be able to book a day earlier than my family, and may not get holidays together this year ;(

Can anyone offer any help/advice regarding the VIP code?

Many thanks and good luck to everyone getting the holiday they want xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport