Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 November 2017 at 7:15PM
    Going to try and list my achievements however small as a way of keeping me motivated and remind i'm still recovering from a major operation and also Rome wasn't built in a day.

Todays goals :).

Small overpayment to debt £2.25.
    Washed up and wiped kitchen surfaces.
    put one load of washing in, can't manage to lift it out so will ask DH to put in TD for me.
    caught up on a few surveys.
    put some clothes away.
    Lit woodburner (DS chopped sticks and brought in wood).
    Used a £5 voucher ff my Mr M shop.

These seem such basic things but to me these are huge achievements, feeling tired this evening as I slept badly last night, have a hospital appointment Friday which is on my mind.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    OMG Pennywise, can't believe what I am reading. So sorry to hear what you have been going through :(, so glad your on the other side of it now.

I always think things like this make you have a different outlook on life xx
    Mummytogirls x

• OMG Pennywise, can't believe what I am reading. So sorry to hear what you have been going through :(, so glad your on the other side of it now.

I always think things like this make you have a different outlook on life xx

Thanks mtg, life has changed, I have changed and I have at least 10 yrs of being on a drug that i'm not sure I want to take (side effects) yet I want to decrease my chances of it coming back and I owe it to my children and myself to give it a chance, I keep telling myself I have too many memories to make and to much to do to allow side effects to control my life.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You are absolute right Pennywise. You can at least try it and if it doesnt work out with the side effects at least youve tried it xx
    Mummytogirls x

• So sorry to hear of your diagnosis and operation etc, but super pleased to hear things are looking up now.

Take care of you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • So sorry to hear of your diagnosis and operation etc, but super pleased to hear things are looking up now.

Take care of you Xx

Thankyou PLMBL xx
  • ((((PWPS)))) - so sorry to read about your ill health, great news that you are coming up the other side now.

It's nice to see the whole family are helping with everything, but so sorry to read that some friends have turned out not to be.
  • ((((PWPS)))) - so sorry to read about your ill health, great news that you are coming up the other side now.

It's nice to see the whole family are helping with everything, but so sorry to read that some friends have turned out not to be.

Thanks EE, My family have been fantastic, My DH has been amazing and looked after me so well and been so patient. He really deserves a medal because I have been quite grumpy and snappy at times when I was in a lot of pain :(.
  • Its a beautiful sunny day here today and i'm quite excited as my friend is coming to pick me up and taking me out for coffee and cake this afternoon, I never realised how much not being able to drive and have my freedom would effect me and at times its been bl**dy frustrating. Also made me think about old age and not wanting to live in the middle of nowhere.

Todays plans -
    Put a wash on (child will need to hang it out, can't stretch or lift yet).
    Wrap ebay parcel.
    Enjoy afternoon out.
    surveys
    Pay £7.50 overpayment to debt(£bay sale).
    check banking.

Mr M shop arrived last night, had to ring up and complain as there was some meat missing, so £3.50 refunded. Total came to £153.41:eek:, this was for a 2 week meal plan 3 meals a day, toiletries and cleaning bits. I do think I might be able to eek it out a bit longer than 2 weeks though, fingers crossed. I have also hidden lots of treats, breakfast cereal and crisps, otherwise the locust children will swoop and eat everything in 3 days :rotfl:.

Better finish my tea and get showered and dressed.
  • Have a lovely time with your friend Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills