Options
123457»

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So it was a bank account then ?

It wasn't really clear what type of account it was.

I'm out of ideas them mate, sorry !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • dc240969
    Options
    An account yes. But with the addition of a feature which was in essence a loan/over draft which should have had an agreement signed.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    dc240969 wrote: »
    An account yes. But with the addition of a feature which was in essence a loan/over draft which should have had an agreement signed.

Wrong.

An overdraft is part of a bank account, requires no credit agreement to be signed, and is not CCA regulated. If they can prove that you had the account, that's enough for the courts.

An actual loan would be CCA regulated and thus can be challenged with a CCA request. An overdraft is not and usually they can easily be proven for the courts if they show you had an account with an overdraft facility with them.

I'd leave things as they are for now. If/when any DCA tries legal action, act accordingly and seek legal advice.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That's why I asked if it was a preference account, because that's what your describing.

That was described as an "overdraft facility", or on occasion a "credit card account", but was infact a top up loan service that was CCA regulated, and had a blue credit agreement to complete.

Most were unenforceable as they were mis-described by the creditor and BOS stopped marketing them, they were sold alongside loans.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    That's why I asked if it was a preference account, because that's what your describing.

That was described as an "overdraft facility", or on occasion a "credit card account", but was infact a top up loan service that was CCA regulated, and had a blue credit agreement to complete.

Most were unenforceable as they were mis-described by the creditor and BOS stopped marketing them, they were sold alongside loans.

And why it is critical to know what you had.

Even if you did sign the CCA paperwork for one of these products, it is indeed unenforceable anyway, so you need to know exactly what it was. You said earlier that they already rejected your CCA request but you have the option of sending BOS an SAR request.

They cost £10 and will show all details they still have on file about you, including any account details. They can delete records after 6 years so may not have it. Of course, that means that they wont be able to prove the debt, settling the issue.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • dc240969
    Options
    So send a SAR. Might show this product, which is deemed unenforceable, or may show nothing which is again unenforceable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure