Tabac Shops In Brussels

Comments

• dug123
    dug123 Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Inactive wrote: »
    Cheaper than Spain, I don't think so.

I do think so
  • sorry didnt know spanish prices meant that it was easy to get in belgium, just checked the prices and belgium does appear to be cheaper for 50g golden vig, 4.50 in belgium, 4.85 in spain. Oh and in belgium you get a extra freebies to like rizla, lighters,beer and chocs. Ferry deals to belgium are very good to.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2010 at 3:14PM
    sorry didnt know spanish prices meant that it was easy to get in belgium, just checked the prices and belgium does appear to be cheaper for 50g golden vig, 4.50 in belgium, 4.85 in spain. Oh and in belgium you get a extra freebies to like rizla, lighters,beer and chocs. Ferry deals to belgium are very good to.
    Thanks for that. I have a friend going to spain in a couple of weeks. Think its more than your quotes above though now perhaps or am I reading to wrong..

http://www.cmtabacos.es/wwwcmt/listaPrecios.php
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Luxembourg is cheaper than Belgium for tobacco, booze and fuel.
    I bought (for a friend) 50gm Golden viginia on 1st March price was €4.25
    The prices have as long as I can remember been cheaper than the surrounding country's Germany, Belgium and France.
    When you see statistics of consumption for these products you would think Luxembourgers drink, smoke and drive more than anyone else in Europe. It is because so many other Europeans come here to buy.
    That is also why every Dutch person going on holiday by car passes through Luxembourg. The motorway service stations in Luxembourg are the largest sellers of petrol and diesel in all of Europe.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • jemclajess
    jemclajess Posts: 382 Forumite
    Sorry, hope someone can help me but my mum brought 200 silk cut purple cigarettes for my auntie in Madrid airport just after christmas and can't remember how much she paid for them and then went to Belgium a couple of weeks ago and brought her another packet for £39.50 and she hadn't given her either packet because she was ill and sadly passed away the day after she went to Belgium. My neighbour is going to buy them off her but although my mum knows the price of the Belgium cigarettes she doesn't know how much she paid for the madrid airport ones. Also she says the spanish ones are slightly smaller than the other pack which are king size. I can't get the link above to work so can anyone help.
    Many thanks in advance...
  • golfkec
    golfkec Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Ciggies cheaper in Spain still bout £30 per 200. They all went up in price in June but tobacco a lot more. Tobacco is cheaper in Luxembourg with next best being Belgium ahead of Spain which used to be the cheapest. Get on a cheap flight with Ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn airport and get the bus to Luxembourg
  • Why not fly to Poland? Roughly about 2 pounds a packet here....
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • mackemdave
    mackemdave Posts: 769 Forumite
    Gib is cheaper for ciggies...200 Silk Cut for £14....Only issue is the customs between Gib and Spain are very strict and you can only take across 200 at a time....
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And you can only bring 200 back to the uk from Gibraltar too
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • Why not fly to Poland? Roughly about 2 pounds a packet here....

This. Poland is amazing for such things (though the exchange rate is hideous at the moment).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure