Vodafone to Change Prices from 11 Oct 2011

Comments

• TehJumpingJawa
    TehJumpingJawa Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2011 at 1:44PM
    might sound a bit dense here but how can you calculate it using the previous months bill?

Go online, download your itemised bill (as a .csv).

Import the .csv into a spreadsheet program, and build a spreadsheet around it that recalculates the bill using the basic rules:

1) min 1 minute calls
    2) £0.35/minute for all regular calls (landline, voda, and cross-network).
    3) round up your service charge to the nearest multiple of £0.50.

Note.
    Vodafone don't add on the VAT until the end, so when recomputing your bill it's easiest to work exVAT. So divide all of the advertised numbers by 1.2 before putting them into your spreadsheet.
    Mentioning this to you, I've just realized I had an error in my spreadsheet! I had forgotten to enter the service charge exVAT! Correcting this makes the % increase even larger!
  • You're saying if you can show a 10% increase you can cancel. Is that in terms of 10% of extra charges after all minutes used, or 10% increase in the number of minutes used within the allowance?

So im on a 36 pound tariff excluding discount went over my data usage by 498 mb geting a £5 charge for 500mb so total cost was 41 quid and 10% is £4.10. So when the new charges come in of £5 for 250mb it wil cost me £10 for 500mb £5 more than my last bill where £4.10 was 10% therefore a increase higher than 10% before even going into the minute round up crap. Is that right. It cant be as easy as that
  • Go online, download your itemised bill (as a .csv).

Import the .csv into a spreadsheet program, and build a spreadsheet around it that recalculates the bill using the basic rules:

1) min 1 minute calls

Note.
    Vodafone don't add on the VAT until the end, so when recomputing your bill it's easiest to work exVAT. So divide all of the advertised numbers by 1.2 before putting them into your spreadsheet.
    Mentioning this to you, I've just realized I had an error in my
    spreadsheet! I had forgotten to enter the service charge exVAT! Correcting this makes the % increase even larger!

Ok for example then if I make a call for 25 secs it is rounded up to a minute then am charged said amount as you pointed out?

Can you also tell me where the service charge is on the bill, I had not noticed it?
  • Ive just noticed but im sure when I checked my mins on my vodafone it would say used so many mins and so many seconds now it just shows how many mins ive used.
  • Ok for example then if I make a call for 25 secs it is rounded up to a minute then am charged said amount as you pointed out?

Can you also tell me where the service charge is on the bill, I had not noticed it?

It's not included in the downloadable .csv, it's stated (exVAT) on the 'Account summary' tab in My bills->View my bills.
  • It's not included in the downloadable .csv, it's stated (exVAT) on the 'Account summary' tab in My bills->View my bills.

do you calculate the new cost for the 'normal cost' if you get what I mean? ie. i had a phone call 24 seconds, the normal cost is 0.127, therfore now the new cost will be 0.35 as you have stated?
  • Go online, download your itemised bill (as a .csv).

1) min 1 minute calls

Note.
    Mentioning this to you, I've just realized I had an error in my spreadsheet! I had forgotten to enter the service charge exVAT! Correcting this makes the % increase even larger!

can i ask you a favour would you be able to calculate it for me, if I sent as an email to you? if you PM youre email, obviously I will remove phone numbers, personal details etc. from it. Thanks, I am struggling with it. Thanks again.
  • Is there anyone who can help me please?
  • With what?
  • moty1984 wrote: »
    With what?

How to calculate my bill and the percentage change in what I'll be paying? If I emailed it to someone and worked it our for me. My maths head is not on!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure