Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

alwaysonthego_2
alwaysonthego_2 Posts: 8,471 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 3 May 2017 at 1:02PM in Shop but don't drop
This thread is specifically to discuss ways to boost collecting and using your Tesco Clubcard Points as discussed in the

Loyalty Cards Article

You can also join in a Loyalty Card article discussion plus discussions about boosting your Nectar points , Boots Advantage Card points, and Airmiles.

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply

Previous thread

Comments

• rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I wonder if anyone else knows this.

I went into the Tesco garage the other day to pay for petrol and gave the girl my Clubcard and Clubcard Credit card. She then said to me that I did not have to use my Clubcard if I was paying by Tesco credit card as it was a Clubcard (I found the number on it now), but she added that if I used my CC Credit card to pay for anything I would get 3 points per £1 spent.

Now I've looked everywhere and cannot find anything about this and it says 1 point per £4 spent, but I seem to have collected a huge amount of points this quarter so figured this would make sense - but I do use the credit card for everything. I've got a 5k holiday to pay for so 3 points in every £1 would be more than useful and far outweighs the 2.5% card virgin are going to pay me.

Does anyone else know if this is true as I cannot for the life of me find info about this anywhere. Thanks.

I think she was referring to the Clubcard Plus which you get 3 points for every £ spent with.
  • Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    my tesco credit card did not give me any points last week at the self service petrol pump
    this has never happened before :mad:

Complete opposite here. I have never had clubcard points using the card in the garage and have to go and get them added. I always use my keyring now.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I've had a letter from E-on, apologising for not adding all my Clubcard points and promising they will be added immediately.
    I's not checked my bills against my statements, but you might wish to. Just in case.

When was the letter dated? Seems unlikely those updated points will be in the soon-to-arrive August statement, the cut-off was the 24th July.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • I imagine its a question thats been asked 100 times before however has anyone used cosmos vouchers that are not in their name?

I have £400 in my name and thinking of purchasing more to top up the holiday.

Thanks in advance all
    :j
  • I imagine its a question thats been asked 100 times before however has anyone used cosmos vouchers that are not in their name?

I have £400 in my name and thinking of purchasing more to top up the holiday.

Thanks in advance all
    :j

Yes I have, but they were my parents vouchers and they were travelling with us and we asked Cosmos before we booked. They told us they would accept them only if the person whose name was on the vouchers were travelling. This was 3 years ago so the policy may have changed.
    I have also heard on another forum that people who used the other peoples money off/extra points coupons (the ones that are sent in the quarterly mailings) had their clubcard suspended and lost all the outstanding points and had vouchers voided.
  • no1catman wrote: »
    When was the letter dated? Seems unlikely those updated points will be in the soon-to-arrive August statement, the cut-off was the 24th July.

the letter was just dated July.
    But the points have come through. :)
  • You can now exchange up to £1000 in clubcard vouchers for £2000 rewards against selected new ford cars with Inchcape. You can also use it towards finance packages.
    https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=1359&bci=4294967150|Motoring
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I bet these ford cars in the first place will be much dearer using the tesco clubcard vouchers. I suggest anyone thinking of doing this compares the price with drive the deal first. Just my opinion!
  • adoreholidays
    adoreholidays Posts: 4,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi not sure if anyone can help I joined the healthy living club and wine club in January mainly for the magazine and chance of extra points since I have had a couple of mag from healthy living with some vouchers throught he post but nothing from the wine club except emails with offers and magazine but nothing about vouchers or extra points yet I have read of others recieving these I applied for both at same time and same way so can't work it out
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi not sure if anyone can help I joined the healthy living club and wine club in January mainly for the magazine and chance of extra points since I have had a couple of mag from healthy living with some vouchers throught he post but nothing from the wine club except emails with offers and magazine but nothing about vouchers or extra points yet I have read of others recieving these I applied for both at same time and same way so can't work it out

When you said you joined in Jan - how, via Clubcard, or on-line? Maybe if on-line it is just linked to a CC no you rarely use.
    Might be wise to ring clubcard to check whether your settings are right e.g. 'yes' to offers, and whether wine club applies to your main no.

PS The Healthy Living and Food Clubs are in process of being phased out.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport