Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 11th Oct 17, 3:07 PM
    • 2,479Posts
    • 979Thanks
    Cotta
    Your 2017 Financial Review thus Far
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:07 PM
    Your 2017 Financial Review thus Far 11th Oct 17 at 3:07 PM
    Hi All,

With 2017 now in its final quarter, I thought it would be interesting to look at our money successes and failures of 2017.

My best piece of information came from this forum which was to setup a regular saver and treat it like an expense each month. I ended up tightening my belt but eventually I began building a fairly decent savings base for the first time in over five years. Whilst I have still much work to do on this front the signs are positive. It has now put me in a position to consider looking at some small investments.

Financially how has 2017 been treating everyone?
    Last edited by Cotta; 11-10-2017 at 3:17 PM.
Page 2
    • AlanP
    • By AlanP 13th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    • 939 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    AlanP
    Having a very good year so far, touch wood:

Net Worth (excluding house but including mortgage up by 100%)

Excluding DC pension savings from above, Assets - Liabilities is up by 68.4%

Pensions, Savings & Mortgage are being aggresively "managed" to get to that position.

Spending is actively managed but not squeezed - we have had a long haul holiday and spent some on new fencing, about £11k in total which has been funded from income and savings.
    Last edited by AlanP; 13-10-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 18th Oct 17, 10:17 AM
    • 2,479 Posts
    • 979 Thanks
    Cotta
    This is my end of September figure, so it's actually £1,049 average per month

Well done on your RS, how much have you saved so far?
    Originally posted by tara747
    Only £4k so I am well behind you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,721Posts Today

7,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin