Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12,851Posts
    • 26,063Thanks
    Becles
    Swagbucking into 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    Swagbucking into 2017 1st Jan 17 at 9:14 PM
    Welcome to the new thread.

Newbies: please see the detailed information in this thread which explains how Swagbucks works and how you can make the best from it.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581051
    Last edited by Becles; 05-01-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 2
    • Ladykernow
    • By Ladykernow 2nd Jan 17, 10:50 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    Ladykernow
    Good luck for the New Year everyone! 2016 was my best yet on Swagbucks, currently making £100+ per month and hoping for this one to be even better!

Heads up- just got emailed a survey on Cint and that added another 70sb to today's total, so check your inboxes.
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    Congrats on making £100+ a month! I barely make £10.

I think we need a swagbucks challenge through the year.
    2017 13# Sealed pot: 1300/1,500
    • hyr6783
    • By hyr6783 2nd Jan 17, 10:50 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    hyr6783
    Not everyone reads the forum logged in. I have my browser clear cookies on exit, so am not taken to the first unread post. So yes, for some, the 1st post is very long to scroll past and appears at the top of every page!

I recently joined the forum, but read this thread for over a year without signing up to the forum, again lots of scrolling.

So having a short 1st post and all the info in the 2nd post is/was a brilliant idea.

Personally i think the MSE choice to have the 1st post appear at the top of every page was a silly decision but hey ho.

Happy New Year everyone
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 2nd Jan 17, 10:53 AM
    • 2,475 Posts
    • 9,784 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Which makes no difference if you are not logged in or use the current forum version.

(I believe 20 posts is the forum default so next one)
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    I believe you can still switch back to the old format.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 2nd Jan 17, 11:04 AM
    • 200 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    dave2319
    I see the first post on every page, however my browser automatically goes to the first new post of that page and skips the very long first post. Assumed this would happen for everyone?
    Originally posted by JadieH
    That happens if you're already reading the thread and click on a different page number, but if you're on the Boost Your Income index page and click "Last page", it doesn't, even when logged in.

And yes, the first post displays at the top of every page, for every topic with multiple pages.

A short first post with a link to the info in a separate closed topic would be great, I completely agree.
    Please someone make it happen!
    • parksandrec
    • By parksandrec 2nd Jan 17, 11:36 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    parksandrec
    Good luck for the New Year everyone! 2016 was my best yet on Swagbucks, currently making £100+ per month and hoping for this one to be even better!

Heads up- just got emailed a survey on Cint and that added another 70sb to today's total, so check your inboxes.
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    Thanks for this!
    I had missed that email!!

Swagbucks rewards £130 Amazon vouchers. £55 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney
    • soolin
    • By soolin 2nd Jan 17, 12:34 PM
    • 59,259 Posts
    • 42,002 Thanks
    soolin
    I think the issue with not having the introductory 1st page is that all you will get is new people asking how it works - it is easier to always refer them to the 1st post.

I don't know how many people are actually affected by the not logged in issue to see if this is a major issue at all?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Boodedoo
    • By Boodedoo 2nd Jan 17, 12:38 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    Boodedoo
    Though earlier the nGage was running at 18 videos for 4Sb, its now doing 2videos for 4Sb as it did yesterday.
    Still maxing out at 40 but I had done a couple of rounds first thing and ended up with 48.

If you can access nGage its a fairly painless 40SB on a day when, for me at least, there are few if any surveys around.
    • jumperabv3
    • By jumperabv3 2nd Jan 17, 12:56 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 372 Thanks
    jumperabv3
    Some stuff I noted:

Discover --> TrialPay --> William Hill --> 1400 SB
    Discover --> Kiwi Wall --> William Hill --> 3400 SB
    (Minimum deposit of £10 at both but the difference is huge)

Discover --> OfferToro --> Telfie --> 7 SB --> Very easy offer, if you haven't done it yet - go for it.
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 2nd Jan 17, 1:22 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 1,917 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    I think the issue with not having the introductory 1st page is that all you will get is new people asking how it works - it is easier to always refer them to the 1st post.
    Originally posted by soolin
    That's true. And it was discussed in the previous thread that the solution could be that the first post could include the bare basics along with a big obvious link to another thread or post that contains all the full details that the existing fist post contains.

The best of both worlds imo.
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 2nd Jan 17, 1:37 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    dave2319

I don't know how many people are actually affected by the not logged in issue to see if this is a major issue at all?
    The first post could include something like:

How Swagbucks works:

CLICK HERE

And as mentioned, it's not just an issue if you're logged out.
    Clicking "Last page" on the Boost Your Income index page doesn't prevent the scrolling when logged in.

• mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 2nd Jan 17, 1:39 PM
    • 34,832 Posts
    • 225,599 Thanks
    mjm3346

It's not just not logged in it's also the current format style.

If the first post was kept short and the bulk of the information was in the second post with a link to it from the first then it wouldn't be an issue (major or otherwise), although I see it more matter of convenience/efficiency than an issue.
    • parksandrec
    • By parksandrec 2nd Jan 17, 2:16 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    parksandrec
    It's not just not logged in it's also the current format style.

If the first post was kept short and the bulk of the information was in the second post with a link to it from the first then it wouldn't be an issue (major or otherwise), although I see it more matter of convenience/efficiency than an issue.
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    All it takes is an extra 2/3 seconds of scrolling why is this causing such a big issue?!

Swagbucks rewards £130 Amazon vouchers. £55 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 2nd Jan 17, 2:19 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 1,917 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    It's not the end of the world, but it is a regular annoyance that is easily solved.
    • purplevamp
    • By purplevamp 2nd Jan 17, 2:58 PM
    • 7,318 Posts
    • 351,606 Thanks
    purplevamp
    Really struggling again today. No surveys, no ncrave. I've got 6 shop & earns crediting in the next 15 days, starting tomorrow. Just wish it was today!!
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £133,696.03 Mar 2038
    MFW #28 £1100/£3,000

Swagbucks ~ £265 (2016 ~ £340)
    Surveys ~ £240.35 (2016 ~ £407.55)
    PTC, etc ~ $257.40 (2016 ~ $696.89)

“Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” ~ Princess Leia

Money's money my little honey! A rich man's jokes are always funny
    • Lost2
    • By Lost2 2nd Jan 17, 2:58 PM
    • 14,029 Posts
    • 27,985 Thanks
    Lost2
    Though earlier the nGage was running at 18 videos for 4Sb, its now doing 2videos for 4Sb as it did yesterday.
    Still maxing out at 40 but I had done a couple of rounds first thing and ended up with 48.

If you can access nGage its a fairly painless 40SB on a day when, for me at least, there are few if any surveys around.
    Originally posted by Boodedoo
    What search engine are you using Boodedoo am using Safari and
    Not had ngage for ages
    Sealed Pot Number 262009..£950.50 2010..£256 2011..£526 2012..£548.80 2013..£758.882014..£510 2015...£604.782016...£704.50 2017...

SwagBucks £710
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 2nd Jan 17, 4:42 PM
    • 2,475 Posts
    • 9,784 Thanks
    Happygreen
    What search engine are you using Boodedoo am using Safari and
    Not had ngage for ages
    Originally posted by Lost2
    not on Chrome either. or do you mean nCrave?
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • silverfairy
    • By silverfairy 2nd Jan 17, 5:24 PM
    • 1,277 Posts
    • 2,646 Thanks
    silverfairy
    Enter AOlastchance in the code box on the homepage before 6pm for 3 SB..
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 2nd Jan 17, 5:25 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 1,917 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    Really struggling again today. No surveys, no ncrave. I've got 6 shop & earns crediting in the next 15 days, starting tomorrow. Just wish it was today!!
    Originally posted by purplevamp
    Totally dead for me too. I guess it's just the time of year and should pick up again in a week or so.
    • Lost2
    • By Lost2 2nd Jan 17, 5:29 PM
    • 14,029 Posts
    • 27,985 Thanks
    Lost2
    not on Chrome either. or do you mean nCrave?
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    Yes, I have not had nCrave for sometime do you need to use another
    sort of search engine

5sb and CB for pressing on Banner Snow Much Fun
    Sealed Pot Number 262009..£950.50 2010..£256 2011..£526 2012..£548.80 2013..£758.882014..£510 2015...£604.782016...£704.50 2017...

SwagBucks £710
    • dipdap
    • By dipdap 2nd Jan 17, 5:51 PM
    • 5,992 Posts
    • 88,217 Thanks
    dipdap
    Yay new thread
    Happy new year everyone

Originally posted by purplevamp
    Same here, no ncrave, no surveys, no ngage
    Extremely slow today just trying to earn anything (have had to result to toolbar to try and do the rest after the apps )
    So tedious!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,480Posts Today

7,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin