Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• CS75
    CS75 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Evening all

Just wanted to see What you guys rhink of Sky's current offerings and what deals you have been given?

I currently have Sky Entertainment Extra with box sets, phone and standard unlimited broadband. It's due to go up and I can get a F&F rate through Virgin for the Big Kahuna deal so I'm happy to switch, but also am happy to stay with Sky if they can do a deal, but they offered nothing so I've put in to cancel! What I need is basically what I have now but with unlimited 38mb fibre, obviously at a reasonable price not full price like they are currently offering me?!

Have any of you guys been given what I need as a deal from Sky and what sort of prices? Also, is it worth me holding on after being offered nothing and putting in my Virgin order or waiting?

Any feedback would be appreciated!
  • harj1185
    harj1185 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cancelled via online chat/callback Sky and was going to be disconnected on 14th. Was only offered 20% off when I cancelled.

Was then offered 35% off within a few days on the sky service app.

As of this weekend I was offered 50% off online when logging into my account, went onto online chat and asked what else they could give me and got £30 credit offered and upped to £50 credit final offer which I accepted. £40 a month for 12 months plus £50 credit - enough for me.

Hope that helps someone else!
  • hourami
    hourami Posts: 24 Forumite
    Called them to cancel today and was offered the same discount as I had before at 60% but with no additional cashback.

Full package now down to £29.60 a month for Family, Sports, Cinema and HD on a 12 Month contact. All the extras can be taken off so leaving it at its lowest level at £9 per month (after 60% discount) if I wanted to downgrade.
  • Mr_Benn
    Mr_Benn Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 August 2016 at 12:20PM
    Depending on how my haggling goes, I may switch from Sky to Virgin
    However, am I right in thinking if you move providers there may be a lapse in broadband working ?

Virgin were doing a great package about 18 months ago , called Virgin 50 or similar. To tempt people from Sky. It included loads of stuff inc sports, movies, Netflix, 2nd box. I wasn't tempted as price jumped after 12 months, for the next 6 months, but my mate haggled them back down to the £50 after just 12 months (I was gutted when realised he had done that )
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mr_Benn wrote: »
    However, am I right in thinking if you move providers there may be a lapse in broadband working?

There is only about half an hour, if that, of down time if you go from like to like eg BT to Sky, but as Virgin is on its own system a break is very likely.
  • Toki
    Toki Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What is the best deal anyone has got on line rental and fibre broadband unlimited?

Last couple of years I've managed to get reduced line rental (£9.99 per month) and free broadband. This year, best they will do is £17.40 line rental and £10 for the unlimited fibre.

I've cancelled the TV and told them I'll move my broadband but still no improved offer, apart from the 50% off TV.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mr_Benn wrote: »
    However, am I right in thinking if you move providers there may be a lapse in broadband working ?

Virgin were doing a great package about 18 months ago , called Virgin 50 or similar. To tempt people from Sky. It included loads of stuff inc sports, movies, Netflix, 2nd box. I wasn't tempted as price jumped after 12 months, for the next 6 months, but my mate haggled them back down to the £50 after just 12 months (I was gutted when realised he had done that )

...if you can't get a decent ,acceptable deal from Sky and can't do without TV/Broadband, then the best thing to do is arrange the installation of Virgin before you cancel everything with Sky - since Virgin cable is supplied over their own system there is no "changeover" as such.
    Don't forget that Sky will charge you for the notice periods AND a cease charge for the broadband of ~ £30, so you won't save quite as much as you might think UNLESS you are prepared to be without everything for a few days:)
  • squires55
    squires55 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Pretty much had deals for the past few years. Was on the variety bundle for £16/month till last month when the discount finished and cost went to £32!!!!/month. Rang last Friday and cancelled completely.

No offer via web site (my offers)over the weekend, but got a phone call on Mon offering me Original package at £11/month for 12months no minimum contract. I asked if they could give me a price to include sky sports and the price is £23.75/month for 12months no minimum contract.

I was happy with that gave the go ahead, nice saving though a bit of a drawn out process to cancel in the 1st place.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Toki wrote: »
    What is the best deal anyone has got on line rental and fibre broadband unlimited?

Last couple of years I've managed to get reduced line rental (£9.99 per month) and free broadband. This year, best they will do is £17.40 line rental and £10 for the unlimited fibre.

I've cancelled the TV and told them I'll move my broadband but still no improved offer, apart from the 50% off TV.

I had £9.99 line rental last year but they wouldn't go anywhere near it this time. I managed to get line rental for £14.99 instead and £10 fibre unlimited. I had free normal broadband previously but that was costing £7.50 this time.
  • satchef1
    satchef1 Posts: 115 Forumite
    I just got offered an extension of my £19 Family Bundle deal, along with an offer of £10/month for six months (then £20) on Fibre Unlimited. Line rental, £9.99.

Still cancelled. Decent offer, but ultimately that BT cashback offer is hard to beat. £33.99 per month for unlimited fibre, line rental and Entertainment Plus, plus about £65 in connection charges. £155 cashback. £100 MasterCard. Grab a year's supply of NowTV Entertainment vouchers from eBay for a total of about £300 for the year.

Kinda gutted to see Sky TV and Virgin Fibre go - best of both world's really. But can't really scoff at roughly £300 less over a year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback