Sky £20 fee to transfer phone number

Comments

• DeeBee63
    DeeBee63 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 1 October 2017 at 8:18PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I am with Talktalk, but have had my number for years, originally from BT. Not sure why Sky needed £20 to transfer ...

As Colin_Maybe correctly points out, the £15 deal is no longer available. However, a new search using the MSE Unbundled tool yielded an even better deal from EE:

£18.50 per month for 18 months, £7 delivery and free weekend calls AND £100 Mastercard! This equates to £13.34, so I am even better off :-) :-D Happy bunny ;-)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 October 2017 at 6:34PM
    I missed the £50 card offer. I just signed in and can't see the £15 offer anywhere though, in fact it lists ADSL as full price at £28.99 :(

Just out of interest I clicked through the I want to leave option and they offered me a wapping £5 off full price, I can't wait for renegotiations to come around again. :eek:
    The £50 card is for existing customers (ie with tv) who are taking line and ADSL by migrating from somewhere else, not those negotiating a new deal.

I've just checked and, if you log in, the £15 offer still shows, so doesn't look like a mistake.
  • teddysmum
    DeeBee63 wrote: »

As Colin_Maybe correctly points out, the £15 deal is no longer available.

It appears to still be for existing tv customers wanting to take phone etc (see my post above) though not people without tv.

(Is this deja vu from when there was a discount of £2.50 for taking tv and £5 for taking a Sky line ?)
  • teddysmum wrote: »
    It appears to still be for existing tv customers wanting to take phone etc (see my post above) though not people without tv.

(Is this deja vu from when there was a discount of £2.50 for taking tv and £5 for taking a Sky line ?)

I don't why since we're both on ADSL with TV (I think) but you're seeing things on your account that doesn't show on mine. The following is what I can see unless I'm missing something obvious (note that I wiped my history this morning so there's no cached version).

https://imgur.com/a/IPSmE
  • teddysmum
    edited 3 October 2017 at 7:25PM
    I don't why since we're both on ADSL with TV (I think) but you're seeing things on your account that doesn't show on mine. The following is what I can see unless I'm missing something obvious (note that I wiped my history this morning so there's no cached version).

https://imgur.com/a/IPSmE

When I rechecked, yesterday, it definitely still gave the £15 offer only if you logged in, but they have changed it now. The links to choose to go to tv, mobile, broadband etc have changed in design and the offer is £28.99 crossed out to £18,again with a design showing the rocker with his guitar (above the price chart you show).

The 'At our best prices 'is disputable as the £50 mastercard with the £18 offer has also disappeared ,as well as £18 obviously not being better than £15

Someone mentioned a £100 voucher with EE but though I can find the offer, I can't see anything about £100.

It looks as though they are looking round and seeing no offers elsewhere, so are decreasing theirs.
  • teddysmum
    edited 3 October 2017 at 7:26PM
    Just to prove I'm not losing it (they had an error in the last existing customer offer, saying '11month' contract, but 12 months, lower down the page)spot the error in the ADSL offer here https://buy.sky.com/offers-upgrades/get-offers

The site also disagrees with itself, on one page saying that the £18 ADSL is only if you recontract or upgrade tv but on others making no such demand.
    Just to prove I'm not losing it (they had an error in the last existing customer offer, saying '11month' contract, but 12 months, lower down the page)spot the error in the ADSL offer here https://buy.sky.com/offers-upgrades/get-offers

The site also disagrees with itself, on one page saying that the £18 ADSL is only if you recontract or upgrade tv but on others making no such demand.

I can't see the mistake in the ADSL offer from your link as there is no ADSL offer on mine :rotfl:

(pretty sure I mentioned that :p )
  • teddysmum
    I can't see the mistake in the ADSL offer from your link as there is no ADSL offer on mine :rotfl:

(pretty sure I mentioned that :p )

They are trying to drive me insane.

I just got up the page which only appears when you log in (ie the top of the one you copied) saw the mistake was still there ( the headline was £18, but the body of the message still said £15), so attempted to copy it, but the page disappeared and logged me out.

Back in and guess what.....the mistake has been rectified.:rotfl:
    They are trying to drive me insane.

I just got up the page which only appears when you log in (ie the top of the one you copied) saw the mistake was still there ( the headline was £18, but the body of the message still said £15), so attempted to copy it, but the page disappeared and logged me out.

Back in and guess what.....the mistake has been rectified.:rotfl:

Lol, it's not Big Brother watching you @teddysmum, it's Sky.
  • teddysmum
    Colin, your link shows an offer of £50 on MasterCard with ADSL at £20,making it roughly £15.83, but that appears to be for new all round customers who only want phone/bb.

If I log in I get the existing (tv) customer offer of £18 at the top of the page ,but it mentions having to recontract your tv . However,just below is a line of boxes as your link shows,again with £18 as the offer, but clicking for more details doesn't mention any conditions.

I'm beginning to hope PlusNet are feeling generous (as they aren't too bad since tweaking my supply), so I can stay.

Sky has a chat box frequently popping up ,but clicking it has no effect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure