The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Comments

• solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Hi everyone:wave:

I’ve just been catching up as I have’t popped in since Wednesday - too ashamed as I’ve been spending lots:o:o.....

I’ve caught up (finally) with all the posts... there’s a lot going on here at the moment....

Freeby - hope you and DD2 are both OK and not suffering too many after effects from your skidding incident. Grrrrrrr to your car being written off, I’m not surprised you could scream, I hope you get a decent settlement figure from your insurance company:A

marmite - hope you’re not snowbound again, the forecast for Europe isn’t brilliant at the moment:eek:. It sounds as though you’re going to be nice and cosy in your Damarts whatever the weather.. and, no, it’s never too early for HM C**** cake:D

rising - sorry about the accident with the iron and forgetting the prescription:(. Don’t stress too much about the C**** shopping, I’m sure everyone will understand that it’s more difficult for you this year, your health is your priority now:A.
    Re the thermals, there was some good advice from marmite about layers. Two cotton T-shirts, one long-sleeved, one short-sleeved, would be just as good, cotton is a great insulator and the different layers work really well.
    It sounds as though the hospital visit on Friday was really long and :eek:to having to go back again on Monday, what a pain

BDINI - I don’t know what to say apart from I’m so sorry... Whatever happens I’m sure you’ll make the right decision for you, sending you some more (((hugs))):A

beanie - two punctures at once:eek:, that’s a real bummer:( Hope you’re OK? x:A

Red - good news about your mum’s op and that she’s on the mend, that must be a relief to you all.:A

MummyRivett - so sorry to hear about your friend, hope you’re OK?:A

If - I agree with BMF, you always manage to find just the right thing to bring us a smile, thank you xx:A

ModestyB - are you sure you haven’t chained DH up in the cellar:rotfl:.. he’s doing remarkably well this month:D

And on the NSD front... I’m stuck on No 5 so far ... mega Tatco-shop on Thursday to restock newly-defrosted and cleaned out freezer (lots of bargains though:)). C*** shopping (yes, I’ve finally succumbed:o but all done online:)) on Friday... I’m hoping for No 6 today

Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend. I'll be back tomorrow night for the update x
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    OOh OOh OOh! Cue lights, music, herd of tapdancing wildebeest followed by trio of cancanning chickens....the Nargle now has 2 NSDs!!!!!

Ahhh...... that's where my herd of wildebeest went, thought I hadn't seen them for a while:D

Well done Nargle :j:j:j:j
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • rising - sorry about the accident with the iron and forgetting the prescription:(. Don’t stress too much about the C**** shopping, I’m sure everyone will understand that it’s more difficult for you this year, your health is your priority now:A.
    Re the thermals, there was some good advice from marmite about layers. Two cotton T-shirts, one long-sleeved, one short-sleeved, would be just as good, cotton is a great insulator and the different layers work really well.
    It sounds as though the hospital visit on Friday was really long and :eek:to having to go back again on Monday, what a pain

Thanks Spoon I must admit I am still absolutely shattered today - amazing how things that you'd do without batting an eyelid usually can take it out of you:( On the positive side - at least I managed to take myself as a month ago, I couldn't do that!:)

Must have another think about the thermals as this got pushed down the to do list :o Funnily enough, I'm sitting here with one of my long sleeved thermal tops on, with a short sleeved t-shirt over!;)

I'll have a look at some long sleeved tops as - believe it or not - I only have 2:o and I'll really need to get some for when I get back to work!:eek:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Spoony~I just love your posts~thank you :grin:

Rising~If you are thinking about long sleeved tops for going back to work then hold fire meantime.
    I take it you dont have an idea yet when you may be back & you never know what Santa may bring?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Spoony~I just love your posts~thank you :grin:

Me too!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Rising~If you are thinking about long sleeved tops for going back to work then hold fire meantime.
    I take it you dont have an idea yet when you may be back & you never know what Santa may bring?

;) Gottcha!

Going to say this very quietly ...... fingers crossed ....... there's been no fighting today :T(so far)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador

Going to say this very quietly ...... fingers crossed ....... there's been no fighting today :T(so far)

That's good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If - I agree with BMF, you always manage to find just the right thing to bring us a smile, thank you xx:A

Thank you spoony :A
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • laura16_2
    laura16_2 Posts: 625 Forumite
    NSD Number 3 today
    Sealed pot challenge 1875
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    NSD 4 for me today. I've stayed in (and kept warm) and been making Christmas decorations and presents oh and soup too! :)
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • Today I have counted, and counted again... I am pretty sure that the number after 6.... is 7. So, 7 NSD's for me!!!

I had coffee with a new friend and her OH & daughter. I wasn't sure of protocol since I owed her a coffee, but I got there first & paid with my giftcard from last month. They came in & her OH bought their coffee's (phew! thought I would end up spending :(). Pleasant & free couple of hours.

Following that I went to the local library and registered myself! Woop! I am book mad so I hope that this will make my book obsession a lot cheaper!

Sadly Amazon trade in has only heard of 2 out of a hundred books or so. What is wrong with that service?! One worth £9.70 alone though. Maybe I will just send them these 2 & car boot the rest...

rising, hope you are feeling okay today. I don't envy you at the moment.

Off to research car boot sales locally. Have a good night peoples!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure