PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Comments

• Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    edited 13 June 2013 at 2:09PM
    mardatha wrote: »
    *is not speaking to Mrs L anymore as she is obviously a pariah* :silenced::silenced:

..or possibly a piranha

Or a poorahna after all dem brussels :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • westcoastscot
    westcoastscot Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 June 2013 at 2:27PM
    what's a crayfish then???? ....wanders off to google

Ok none the wiser really - they look like wee lobsters?? are they squats? we have a creel fisherman in the family, but we're none so keen on prawns, squats, lobsters etc due to eating mountains over the years!! Same with mussels, oysters and salmon - ex shelfish and salmon farmers here.

He did recently trade a box of something for some finny haddock though - lovely!
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    A fresh water langoustine
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • westcoastscot
    oh thanks RAS - we have a lot of sea langoustine come up in the creels
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    ginnyknit wrote: »
    Hubby was shouting in the bedroom the other night and I ran to his aid only find a BIG spider had appearred next to him in the bed and he had flicked it across the room and couldnt find it :rotfl: I am afraid I did laugh. He isnt frightened of them particularly but having one wandering around the bed isnt good :o
    Last week I got a visit at work, asking if I would go and rescue Herself's nephew from a huge spider. I duly called in after work and removed spider from his bedroom. This huge spider wasn't more than half an inch long (head and body). Said nephew celebrates his 22nd birthday next week. Apparently he wasn't going to enter his bedroom until he knew it was gone even if it meant sleeping on the settee for the next few weeks.

One of my old cats was a great hunter and brought cooked sausages and a trout in a cooking bag - now thats class and the sausages were still warm. You can always tell when a cat has bounty cos it backs through the cat flap :rotfl:
    I used to live near the docks and our cats regularly pinched fish as the boats were unloading. Opened the front door to find haddock lying on the doorstep on several occasions.
    oh thanks RAS - we have a lot of sea langoustine come up in the creels

Langoustine are far nicer than crayfish.
  • We like them too in Hampshire, but not sherberted!!!!!
  • ginnyknit wrote: »
    I could live on crayfish, when I was on the Atkins diet a few years ago I used to buy them from Aldi for lunch and was always disappointed when I had eaten the pot full. I wonder if you could breed them in a tank, Dd has a large empty fish tank and I know where I can catch some....wanders off to hatch a plan....

Hubby was shouting in the bedroom the other night and I ran to his aid only find a BIG spider had appearred next to him in the bed and he had flicked it across the room and couldnt find it :rotfl: I am afraid I did laugh. He isnt frightened of them particularly but having one wandering around the bed isnt good :o

Its cool dull and rainy here but the garden needs a good soak so I will try and be happy about it.

One of my old cats was a great hunter and brought cooked sausages and a trout in a cooking bag - now thats class and the sausages were still warm. You can always tell when a cat has bounty cos it backs through the cat flap :rotfl:

I used to have a live crayfish in a 100l tank, it lived for 3 years and it was great to watch.
    I never had a licence, I just bought it in a aquatics shop in Enfield.
    The problem is you would need a big pond to breed them really, in a tank they don't have enough room and they will fight till just one is alive. And because they can get out of the water and survive for a few hours (humidity and heat relative) they can easily move to streams, and that is where the problem with invasive crayfish started.

What you really need a licence for us to Catch them, and you might be spotchecked when fishing the to make sure you don't kill native crayfish, but if you only catch American ones it should be ok. Not sure if it would be ideal depending on them for food, you need lots of them to make a meal......
    Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of.
  • westcoastscot
    we have a huge hail shower!!!!
  • Memory_Girl
    Memory_Girl Posts: 4,957 Forumite
    For mardatha

Scots-Tablet-010-300x225.jpg

Got no sweeties but made some of this today

MG
    FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DEBT FREE
    Small Emergency Fund £500 / £500
    Pay off all Debts £10,000 / £10,000
    Grown Up Emergency Fund £6000 / £6000 :j
    Pension Provision £6688/£2376
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    MG as Mar isn't here.... :D

Now see they are the perfect medicine for how I am feeling at this moment in time. Does anyone prep sweets? I couldn't as they would be scoffed as soon as they came in the house!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure