IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals article discussion

Options

Comments

• Dancertainier
    Options
    HERE YOU ALL GO THIS REALLY WORKS!!!

WWW. tpuc. org

Click on Forum
    Click on Letters and templates
    Click on Speeding tickets and parking fines

Send away your letters x
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    BFG wrote: »
    Since the invoices are pretty much unenforceable does anyone on this thread have a policy of NEVER buying tickets of any sort in private car parks eg NCP, Tesco, motorway service stations??
    Not me, like most people we try to be fair. Mind you a local retail centre clamps you if you overstay 3 hours.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    HERE YOU ALL GO THIS REALLY WORKS!!!

WWW. tpuc. org

Click on Forum
    Click on Letters and templates
    Click on Speeding tickets and parking fines

Send away your letters x
    thats one letter I would not try, far to confrontational. I'd much rather do things the way its done on here and pepipoo.

Question. How do you know it works? Have you tried it? What did you use it for?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Commercially speaking a straightforward "Conditional Acceptance upon proof of claim" does have many merits.
    In the case of Private Parking Companies I believe silence is far more effective.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Granted for a ppc but not the template on that site for councils and speeding tickets surely?
  • Coblcris
    Options
    I make no public comment to that.
    I will say that sites such as the referenced one contain more dross than gold in my opinion.
    They are not entirely without foundation but that is a difficult path to follow and one misstep could have consequences beyond acceptable limits.The amount of dross is so large that many dangers lie there.
  • Vixs1
    Options
    Hi All

Sorry if have this wreong new today, I was issued with a parking ticket on private land of a well known Supermarket. I did respond to the ticket issuer (had not seen these articles) stating there were no signs other than staying over two hours. Have now recieved letter from a solicitor stasing I am going to court and costs attached to it. Would I be better off just paying the fine

thanks all
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Vixs1 wrote: »
    Have now recieved letter from a solicitor stasing I am going to court and costs attached to it. Would I be better off just paying the fine
    No, ignore it. The only thing you need to respond to is an actual claim issued by a court, not a mere threat from a shyster solicitor.
  • Coblcris
    Options
    Which solicitor ?
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    Vixs1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Have now recieved letter from a solicitor stasing I am going to court and costs attached to it. Would I be better off just paying the fine

Do not pay [BTW it's not a fine, it's an invoice]

Wrt 'costs' there is no way you will be laible for any of their solicitor costs since the case would go through the small claims track; so the most you would be liable for is the 'filing cost' [typically £30].

This all assumes that they would actually bother going to court at all, which is unlikely.

It's probably not a 'proper' solicitor, but their own in house 'legal sounding' department [do a google on the name and the addy will probably be same as the aprking co....]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure