The 5k challenge!!!

Comments

• WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Grrr..had to start from scratch after some expensive repairs to my car this week.
    Oh well, onwards and upwards!

The main thing is it didn't go onto a credit card and you had the money to pay it.
  • I see you've passed the halfway mark! :beer:
    The pot really is filling up now! I hope your OH manages to find work soon - he has been doing very well, hasn't he? That would help you to keep moving towards your goal!
    I've had to abandon my original goal, for now!
    One horse is quite enough to afford for the moment... and we have an expensive but exciting 6 months coming up, finishing off our house (finally, we got mortgage approval!) and saving to furnish it, as well as working towards becoming debt free.

But with some hard work, I would hope to be back on track to start again saving for my €5k horse/horsebox pot next summer.

Meanwhile, it is great to see you getting there! :T

Thank you, keep on going you will get your horse box!
  • Hi all thank you for your lovely comments.

OH should get another months wage. But his company isn't very reliable so we shall hang fire until he gets paid.

I have started to get Bass pedals my first one was paid with Amazon vouchers so it was free :j

Next pedal will be paid with Amazon vouchers and road kill money that I have started to collect in a jar. I have £3 so far.

I just started my course so the plan is the course will come first but I will practise and focus on my music 2nd until the course finishes . I have also just signed up to a free songwriting course on Coursera as well.

Getting halfway has really motivated me and hopefully soon I will be advertising for musicians!

Watch this space! ;)
  • Hi all, just to update you all.

£3160/5000 63% :j

I want to get to 100% by the end of the year!
  • Wow this is impressive and inspiring .... I need to do something like this. I think having a set goal makes you more focused!! Thanks for the kick up the backside that I needed!
  • Wow this is impressive and inspiring .... I need to do something like this. I think having a set goal makes you more focused!! Thanks for the kick up the backside that I needed!

Yes I agree to have a set goal is important. I have many others and want to get this finished first before I do anything else. I have never really completed one of my own challenges properly before so this is important.

Post me the link to your thread and I will subscribe! :)
  • Hi all no total update. OH has now found himself a Christmas job (sorry I said the C word in October) so I will need to put in a full months bills before he gets paid which isn't bad. He starts on Monday and there is a possiblilty of a Permanent job too :j
  • Hi all, an update for you £3963/5000 79% the way there :j

How is everyone else doing?
  • Hi all another update £4426/£5000. 88% the way there.

I had a frugal Christmas underspending my budget and it helps my OH is working! I also got 46% frugal on the test too :j
  • Happy New Year! :j
    New Year New Challenges!

I have joined the Save £12k for 2014 thread. Aiming for £6000!

How is everyone else doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport