The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Hawkshead closing down sale

Not all Hawkshead stores are closing - just those within Burtons stores.

I was in one yesterday and the prices are dropping faster than they can mark the items.

A lot of the clothes and shoes were marked with a 50% reduction but everything was 75% off once you got to the till.

Then the VAT was corrected.

So a £60 pair of shoes was marked £30 but only charged about £14.

Just checked their site and there's not as many of theses stores as I had thought:

Beverley within Burton Menswear
1-7 Toll Gavel, Beverley, North Humberside, HU17 9AA

Shrewsbury within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 28-29A Pride Hill, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1DP

Buxton within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, Buxton Centre Developments, 23 Spring Gardens, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 6BJ

Norwich within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 2-3a London Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1LH

Truro within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 14-15 Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2QU
Tel: 01872 272428

Monmouth within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 48-56 Monmow Street, Monmouth, Wales, NP25 3EN
Tel: 01600 719189

Comments

• fatbelly wrote: »

Just checked their site and there's not as many of theses stores as I had thought:

Hawkshead is owned by one of the richest families in the UK, the Blacks. They also own regatta & craghoppers (where i work). Hawkshead in not going broke, just concentrating on mail order.
  • My mother purchased a "cheeky monkey" stroller 5 days ago, it wasn't suitable. I returned it to Toys r us, I didn't have the receipt, were quite happy to give me a credit note. Mum paid £29.99 and it is selling on the shelf at £29.99, they wanted to give me £24.99 as it was on sale over 4 weeks ago!!
    Where do I stand.....
  • noisyboy wrote: »
    My mother purchased a "cheeky monkey" stroller 5 days ago, it wasn't suitable. I returned it to Toys r us, I didn't have the receipt, were quite happy to give me a credit note. Mum paid £29.99 and it is selling on the shelf at £29.99, they wanted to give me £24.99 as it was on sale over 4 weeks ago!!
    Where do I stand.....

You need PROOF OF PURCHASE, a credit card statement or bank statement showing payment will do, instead of a receipt (no chance for cash payment). Without this you have have little choice.

What's this got to do with Hawkshead???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport