Coca Cola Rip Off

Options
I've had a good search on MSE and out on the wider net and I'm amazed I've been unable to find any mention of this RIP OFF.

Coca Cola are advertising pro-actively that their new family bottles are a benefit: "Happiness Is A New Bottle". But to a savvy Money Saver it's most certainly NOT.

Hasn't anyone else noticed that their new bottle is 12.5% smaller for the same price? It's 1.75l for the price of a 2l, and the 2l is being phased out.

Their press release claims it matches the classic contoured glass bottles, but couldn't they have done that shape in a 2l volume?

Can we spread the word and get a campaign rolling or shall we all just keep quiet and move to Pepsi?

10247230_10152401220311639_6419689284114626769_n.jpg

Comments

• browneyedbazzi
    browneyedbazzi Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Given that coca cola is terrible for you, less is probably better for your long term health and happiness. Not buying it at all is the most money saving savvy option!
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    loads of companies rebrand stuff in smaller boxes/bottles etc......buy elsewhere/different brand
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would you rather they left it as it was and put the price up by 10/20p

I wouldn't drink the stuff anyway, if it can take the tarnish off silver, god knows what its doing to your system.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    A price increase is not a rip-off.

Makes it more difficult to compare, though. Dividing by seven is trickier than dividing by two.
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    Would you rather they left it as it was and put the price up by 10/20p
    Yes, of course. That is what most normal people want.
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I find it annoying but not unusual, mostly because it makes it harder to compare prices but mysupermarket.com takes care of that for me.

I was a loyal Coca Cola drinker but since switching to Coke Zero and discovering the cherry flavour one (the cherry masks the 'no sugar' aftertaste), I decided to try Pepsi Max Cherry and found I didn't get the "Eek what is this crap?" reaction I had when comparing standard Coke and Pepsi so for a while I've just been buying whatever is cheapest. I'm actually waiting for a Tesco grocery delivery right now and have ordered Tesco's own version of Zero/Max Cherry... maybe it won't be too bad and at £1.50 for 4 litres (on offer) it's a good saving. I just hope the cherry flavour works as it does for Pepsi!
  • Smidster
    Smidster Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For once I am not going to be massively critical of Coke on this one.

They have actually made it clear they are reducing the size - For example in my home town there are at least half a dozen billboards advertising the new size!
  • dandelionclock30
    Options
    You can still get a massive bottle for about 2 pounds at Iceland at the moment. It will be flat before its finished, most likley.
    I've switched over to soda water myself as its better for you and you can add it to dilute.
  • SquirrelNutkins
    SquirrelNutkins Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2014 at 5:24PM
    Options
    I dont drink much coke, but if I do I get the Aldi version, its 39p for 1.5 litres. Does it taste like Coca Cola? Probably not, but I really dont care, it tatstes fine to me, and the price is great. All it is, is a sh*tload of sugar and chemicals mixed with water, I really dont want to pay high price for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure