Need to borrow 35k need help

raemon
raemon Posts: 53 Forumite
Hi all! Hope you are well!!

I need to borrow around 25- 35k

Why would be the best one to go for? Sainsbury's have the best loan apr but for only up to 20k

Without going into so much detail, the money is going to be used for a "green" project low emissions etc.. but I couldn't find any leanness in the uk for this(plenty in other countries (

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The amount you can borrow will depend on a variety of factors, 1 of them is your salary, others are any debts. If your credit file has defaults on it then no, lenders can check that info.

Maybe try your own bank.
  • Is it for business or personal use?
  • raemon
    It's for personal use! And that's a tricky thing because there is no help for personal use.
    Also I'm an expect working in Europe.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    raemon wrote: »
    Also I'm an expect working in Europe.

I expect you are.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    The mind boggles.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You're being very vague about what you are trying fund. There are grants and loans available through the Energy Saving Trust for people who want to make their homes greener by installing heat pumps for example. If it's funding for reasearch then again there is funding available.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Your ability to borrow that kind of money at any sort of rate will depend on your affordability and credit history. You appear to work outside the uk so will you even pass the residency criterion never mind the other criteria?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Pixie5740 wrote: »
    You're being very vague about what you are trying fund. There are grants and loans available through the Energy Saving Trust for people who want to make their homes greener by installing heat pumps for example. If it's funding for reasearch then again there is funding available.

OP has had previous posts about this. It is to covert a camper van
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5618035
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5618030

OP you say you work in Germany, are you paid into a UK bank account? Do you have property that you can secure the loan against if you are intent on doing this?

Can't see a £35k unsecured loan for a non-resident being simple
  • raemon
    Well yes I am being vague because the real reason is yes to convert a van into electric. The last post I did not one person helped with my question all people said how the idea to go electric is nonsense.

Yes I work in Germany the conversion is taking place in the uk hence the uk loan. Thank you pixie for your help but I can't find a loan or grant for this
  • It is just a massive amount of money for any bank to lend outside of a mortgage. Especially to someone who might not work here most of the time.

I don't think anyone is questioning your motives or ideas, personally it is none of anyone business but just pointing out like them that it is highly unlikely you would be offered it and if you ever did it would be a high APR probably.
    "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered, the point is to discover them."

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure