No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2017

Options

Comments

• Houseplant26
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Nice to have some new names joining us!

I'm on the whole managing to be rptetty good at not overbuying at the moment, but I now find it really hard to make decisions!

My skin is really awful at the moment I've had more spots than I've had in ages and it looks really dull, with some painful spots on neck. Not sure if it's bad products, diet, stress or tiredness or a mix of all of the above! I have my first day off in over two full weeks tomorrow so that probably hasn't helped. I'm feeling quite low tonight, I think because I've finally stopped but also feeling a bit sad I've spent so much time working, although the money will be a help and I hope to treat myself to something nice. I'd love a facial but not sure whether too when skin is so bad. Will it be a waste? Can anyone recommend one?

Anyway back to the task at hand, I have two UU from a decadent bath last night.

- Rose Bomb WBA I really loved this cheered me up with the lovely pink water and yellow petals inside
    - Furze bath melt WPNBA I think there are other melts I like better. I liked the look of it and it was moisturising and smelled interesting but nothing too special or memorable.

Keep having to resist doing a kitchen order! I kind of want to!
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 15 April 2017 at 9:35AM
    Options
    UU6 - dove purely pampering nourishing lotion with shea butter and warm vanilla. This is the matching moisturiser that went with the shower gel I used up earlier this month. This was a gift but WNBA - nice and moisturising but felt sticky, didnt seem to sink in that well. Was a pain to get the last of it out of the bottle too.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend and if you're working that it's going ok.

Welcome sunny money :)

Houseplant I feel your pain! Glad you have a day off today, sounds like you need some time to relax and look after yourself. A facial may help your skin although I usually breakout after one. I had microdermabrasion recently - my skin looked great afterwards but then a few days later I got quite a few spots. It has cleared up again now but the blackheads they removed (TMI!) have just come back. Think you are fighting a losing battle with blackheads but they are relatively minor.
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It took me about 5 hours but it was worth it! :T I have 196 products - this is less than I thought so I'm pleasantly surprised!

My spreadsheet will be most useful when holiday packing, because I tend to buy new travel sized products and treat myself to something new to take, without bothering to go through my stash first. I have quite a few travel sized products, do I save them for travel or just use them up as many are not my favourites / haven't tried the brand before, so I can take my favourite products on holidays with me next time.. To use or not to use that is the question.. :think:

I can see that my problem area is lipstick and gloss. This is mainly because of the country move however, so it's just a case of using them up really. My OH's is mascara - I end up with all her rejects!

I'll work on creating a PP list.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sunny_money - welcome to the thread. I am trying to use up a pretty huge stash and then intend to have a much simpler pared back skincare routine which will hopefully be cheaper and moving towards zero waste.

I have a uu

Decleor Aroma Cleanse Essential Cleansing Milk 1000ml
    - this has lasted forever and is really nice to use, it has tea in it and I love anything tea scented. I use this as a first cleanse then follow with an oil or balm. Going forward I will just be using the oil/balm cleanser to remove everything.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

Happy Easter to everyone. Here is my weekly update:-

UU
    Good Things Manuka Face Mask
    Superdrug Soltan Suncare Face Cream SPF50
    Waitrose Solid Coconut Masssage Oil
    Superdrug B Glycolic Cleansing Peel
    Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel
    Avene Ultra Rich Cleansing Bar

Total = 97 Hurrah! under 100 so on target

Avene Ultra Rick Cleansing Bar - fantastic face wash so soft gentle and really good for sensitive skin and does not leave it dry and lasts forever.

Have finished the last of my Ojon Dry Hair Treatment. Feel really sad as none in stock anymore. Estee Lauder are having problems getting the ingredients from the Rain Forest. I am going to be making a homemade one using coconut oil and curry leaves. Look this up on the internet and suppose to be good and stop greying!
  • sunny_money
    Options
    shed35 wrote: »
    Hi

Happy Easter to everyone. Here is my weekly update:-

UU
    Good Things Manuka Face Mask
    Superdrug Soltan Suncare Face Cream SPF50
    Waitrose Solid Coconut Masssage Oil
    Superdrug B Glycolic Cleansing Peel
    Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel
    Avene Ultra Rich Cleansing Bar

Total = 97 Hurrah! under 100 so on target

Avene Ultra Rick Cleansing Bar - fantastic face wash so soft gentle and really good for sensitive skin and does not leave it dry and lasts forever.

Have finished the last of my Ojon Dry Hair Treatment. Feel really sad as none in stock anymore. Estee Lauder are having problems getting the ingredients from the Rain Forest. I am going to be making a homemade one using coconut oil and curry leaves. Look this up on the internet and suppose to be good and stop greying!

Congrats Shed35 on the under 100 milestone! :T
  • sunny_money
    Options
    TA
    Veet hair removal cream
    Nair hair removal cream
    Decided I don't like hair removal cream, it stinks the bathroom out for days and is messy.

April PP list
    I'm mostly starting with products I have not gotten on with or are getting old. Want to make the decision to use or GA/TA.

Vaseline – Advanced Repair body lotion – 400ml
    Sanex – hand cream
    Soap & Glory – Pulp Friction body scrub – 250ml
    St Tropez – In Shower Gradual Tan Medium – 200ml
    Simple – Foaming Cleanser – 150ml
    Biore – Charcoal Pore Minimiser scrub – 92ml
    Neutrogena – Spot Stress Control foaming face wash – 150ml
    Toni&Guy – Reboost dry shampoo – 250ml
    John Frieda – Thickening Blow Dry lotion – 125ml
    Eucryl – Tooth Whitening powder – 50g
    Vitabiotics – Perfectil Plus Hair supplements – Exp May 2017
    Dior - Addict 2 and J'Ador perfumes – travel size – getting old.

Simple – Cream eye make up remover – 100ml
    Boots Botanics – All Bright make up remover – 150ml
    No7 – Stay Perfect mascara – 7ml
    Bourjois – Volume Glamour Ultra Curl mascara – 12ml
    Benefit – Black They're Real Push Up Liner
    Neutrogena CC cream light – 50ml
    No7 – Beautiful Skin BB Cream Normal/Oily Fair – 40ml
    Rimmel - Stay Matt pressed powder 005 – 14g
    Revlon – Plumping lipgloss 01 -7ml – starting to separate
    Max Factor – long lasting 120 red + balm – starting to dry
    Max Factor – long lasting nude + balm – starting to dry

I'll review as I finish. :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have another uu

Max Factor Facefinity 3 in 1 Foundation Ivory 30ml
    - WMBA but this colour is very pale so may go one shade up but for now I have a ton of foundation to get through.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Options
    Gilded Honey, Val. Thanks for that, perhaps it's not as wasteful as I thought, after all.
    I'd agree with the eyeshadow suggestion.
    The 3D swirl pattern is so pretty that I've been trying to use it from the outer edge, so as not to spoil it! :D

I wouldn't worry, I brush over the top and it makes no dent. I have a baked gelato blush too.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks VALM. I have never bought from TV shopping, it looks enticing but I always thought it looked too good to be true.. were the products good?

Yes and I've found some HG products this way.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family