How Much Will You Spend In 2017? Challenge

Comments

• cazmcf
    cazmcf Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Can I join please? Need to see where my money is going and see if I can make any cuts. Got myself a free spending tracker app to make it easier.
    LBM 04/10:j
    Debt was 16700
    Debt free 04/13 :j

Owe mum 5100 12/16 :(
  • I would like to join in please! Since my LBM.... I put my head back in the sand :( 2017 is the year to get back on track! :beer:
    £4567.37 :eek:

[STRIKE]£3985.90[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]£3943.66[/STRIKE]
    £3900.00
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It is useful seeing how people plan to track spending- I have tried several times with several methods but I never seem to stick with it for long.
    How often are you planning to track spending and how are you recording it?

Spending on debit and credit cards is easy for me to check online- I might try and update these on a specific day weekly...maybe on a spreadsheet. Cash spending I guess is easiest to record immediately with a phone app or notebook and then update weekly.
    Any app/ software/ planner recomendations?
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,294 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    *Jellie* wrote: »
    It is useful seeing how people plan to track spending- I have tried several times with several methods but I never seem to stick with it for long.
    How often are you planning to track spending and how are you recording it?

Spending on debit and credit cards is easy for me to check online- I might try and update these on a specific day weekly...maybe on a spreadsheet. Cash spending I guess is easiest to record immediately with a phone app or notebook and then update weekly.
    Any app/ software/ planner recomendations?

*Jellie* It will be easy for me to track my direct debits from my online banking. When I go shopping I keep my receipts and check what I have spent from there . Other spending I will record on my I iphone which a notes section - this will be for items like small purchases eg money for a collection at work or small items from a shop eg cake or a newspaper.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• I_Love_comps
    Hi ILoveComps, could I join this challenge. I'm really trying to get a grip on my spending this year and this would really help me focus. I tend to do most spending on CC (for the rewards) but have noticed that I've stopped checking where it is going. I know my biggest spend is on food so am hoping committing to this challenge will help me really pay attention to what I'm doing with my money.
    Thanks a million
    MissDM

Welcome to the challenge Miss D Meanour I have given you number 9
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Challenges

• I_Love_comps
    cazmcf wrote: »
    Can I join please? Need to see where my money is going and see if I can make any cuts. Got myself a free spending tracker app to make it easier.

Welcome to the challenge cazmcf you are No 10 on this challenge.

My Challenges

• I_Love_comps
    I would like to join in please! Since my LBM.... I put my head back in the sand :( 2017 is the year to get back on track! :beer:

Welcome GasMonkey you are No.11 on this challenge

My Challenges

• Hi there, can you sign me up to this - I am aiming on making 2017 the year in which I can finally see some change happening!:j
    #70 12k in 2017:2408.28/12000
    #3 Sealed Pot Challenge 2017: £116.28[/???]
    #12 How much will you spend in 2017 challenge: £7669.53@end Feb
    MFW: January 2017: £118,195
  • I_Love_comps
    Hi there, can you sign me up to this - I am aiming on making 2017 the year in which I can finally see some change happening!:j

Welcome Psychobabble78 you number 12

My Challenges

• Welcome to this challenge. I do not have a clue what I will have spent in 2016. I shall just be sticking to what I spend in 2017. It is a good idea though.

I really wouldn't like to know what I have spent in 2016!! I've just been closing my eyes when the credit card bill comes through ha ha!! - In budget though and always paid off in full, I'd just really like to save much more by cutting out all of the rubbish I buy - I could start my own shop with all of the meaningless, unnecessary and comfort purchased I make!

Good luck every, and thank I love comps!
    #70 12k in 2017:2408.28/12000
    #3 Sealed Pot Challenge 2017: £116.28[/???]
    #12 How much will you spend in 2017 challenge: £7669.53@end Feb
    MFW: January 2017: £118,195
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business