IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appealing PCN on basis of genuine pre-estimated loss post-Beavis

Options
13»

Comments

• iamc12ab
    iamc12ab Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Its extremely annoying considering the fact I spent the best part of a day writing the appeal, wasted a couple more hours writing emails explaining that Care Parking have changed the signs and submitted false evidence for the assessor to then completely ignore it :/
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Email a complaint addressed to the Lead Adjudicator, Mr Gallagher.

Keep it short and point out that your evidence of false signage photos (old and new) can only have been overlooked by the Assessor, so you require a review, as POPLA promises to offer where an error is made.

Keep it really short and assertive.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • iamc12ab
    Options
    Worth a shot. Do you have contact details for the lead adjudicator/know how I can get in contact with him?
  • Myriddin
    Myriddin Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    how I can get in contact with him?
    complaints@popla.co.uk

Address your e-mail FAO the Lead Adjudicator,
    John Gallagher.
    'People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.' Wizard's first rule © Terry Goodkind.
  • iamc12ab
    Options
    I emailed POPLA and they refused to reconsider the case as the appeals process is apparently a one stage system and they do not reconsider any decisions... Guess ill have to see if the operator is willing to go to court with the false evidence
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    iamc12ab wrote: »
    I emailed POPLA and they refused to reconsider the case as the appeals process is apparently a one stage system and they do not reconsider any decisions... Guess ill have to see if the operator is willing to go to court with the false evidence

It is not, they will reconsider cases if there are procedural errors:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/popla-will-rehear-cases-on-procedural.html

Look, here is Beewi's case where POPLA did reconsider a case - and he then won:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5437508&page=2

Oh, and please join our campaign (in writing, letters by snail mail) telling your MP and Mrs May what you have been through here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

Look what you have been through, how your life has been overrun. Explain why this industry and their new 'credit clamping' threat to consumers is ten times worse than car clamping ever was. Think how many people are paying up - and in your case you can show not only that the industry is rotten (misleading photo evidence) but that POPLA is also not fit for purpose.

Fight back NOW while the Government (DCLG) is considering the private parking industry.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed.

Also complain to IPSA that POPLA are failing to reconsider a case with procedural errors.

This might do no good as IPSA are currently imploding, but time will tell.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I seem to always get a sinking feeling when someone who has a really good case to drop onto Theresa May's desk is advised to complain there, because most seem not to be 4rsed to be prepared to do so, spurning a vital opportunity to drive a nail into the PPC coffin.

Please prove my wrong @OP.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • iamc12ab
    Options
    Dont worry, writing to my MP is already on my to-do-list and ill write to Theresa for good measure.

As for IPSA, I heard they are closing down. Is this not the case?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    iamc12ab wrote: »
    Dont worry, writing to my MP is already on my to-do-list and ill write to Theresa for good measure.

As for IPSA, I heard they are closing down. Is this not the case?

Sort of 2/5ths.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/and-then-there-were-threeispa-board.html

Good on you if you do write to your MP and TM.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport