Tevion Mp3 player from Aldi

Comments

• Prof_Yaffle
    Prof_Yaffle Posts: 13 Forumite
    I'm usually a forum lurker, but I thought I'd break cover here...

General folder operations from what I've worked out...

Create the folder structure when you copy tracks to the player (i.e. simply use Windows Explorer is the easiest way). You can do this all at the top level; for info, there are always two other folders created automatically at this level for LINE-IN recordings and VOICE recordings respectively. These will only show up in the navigation menu if there are files in them.

To navigate around...

1. Press the "Menu" button
    2. Cursor left one position - to "Navigation" - and select

You're now viewing the directory (folder) tree you just created... a mini "Windows Explorer" window, if you like. Controls (all using the "menu" button):
    • Move left and hold - move up one level/folder/directory
    • Move right and hold - move down one level
    • Move left - previous file (track)/folder
    • Move right -next file (track)/folder

So you basically move left and hold to go up a directory, then move left and/or right to select the target directory, then move right and hold to move into that directory, then move left and/or right to select a file (track), then push play (twice - once to select, once to start playing) and you're away. Sounds clumsy, but it's relatively quick once you get the hang of it.

It seems to bouncs a bit if you're going down the tree (i.e. push and hold right and you'll go down multiple levels quickly), so I'm keeping my structure fairly flat - sorted by album at the top level, not nested by artist/album or genre/artist/album or anything complicated.

Now, I'm off to explore the other bit that's totally missing from the manual: CODECs and line in recording... wish me luck.
  • Thanks for that! I can now navigate with some success, Can you explain a little bit more about folder structures? It seems that the way you structure the folders defines the way you can access them.

I'm still waiting for an answer from the techies at Tevion!!
  • Thats really helpful thanks!! I have a problem with this player too tho! It claims to be able to play WMA and mp3 files, but so far I can only get mp3s to play!
    Also, does the player have to be on 'voice' to be able to use the line in wire?
  • I'm also finding that my player keeps turning itself off! V frustrating now I've downloaded loads of songs!!

It seems to happen especially on the navigation menu- particularly on 1 song (?!)
  • Lord_Chris
    Lord_Chris Posts: 358 Forumite
    why buy a cheap mp3 player from aldi? honestly, you get what you pay for.
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Lord_Chris wrote:
    why buy a cheap mp3 player from aldi? honestly, you get what you pay for.

Must say, that is one load of !!!!!!!!.

I have a cheap MP3 player, 512mb, came from HK and at the time was 1/3 of the UK retail price.

Still working today and the sound quality is fantastic (and yes, I do know sound quality when I hear it).

These Aldi players are probably made in the same factories, as are most flash based MP3 players that are sold in this country.

If you want to "get what you pay for" by paying hundreds for an Apple or Sony badge, feel free.
  • novice-saver
    novice-saver Posts: 184 Forumite
    The Aldi player we got in the recent offer went back after a week:
    it kept turning itself off.

Most of the time you could persuade it to keep playing by "locking" it, but even that didn't cure it completely..
  • Lord_Chris
    Lord_Chris Posts: 358 Forumite
    Kilty wrote:
    Must say, that is one load of !!!!!!!!.

I have a cheap MP3 player, 512mb, came from HK and at the time was 1/3 of the UK retail price.

Still working today and the sound quality is fantastic (and yes, I do know sound quality when I hear it).

These Aldi players are probably made in the same factories, as are most flash based MP3 players that are sold in this country.

If you want to "get what you pay for" by paying hundreds for an Apple or Sony badge, feel free.

lol, my sony mp3 players cost £80... and its extremely reliable, and high quality. The notion that Aldi mp3 players are built in the same factories as most other flash based mp3's that are sold in this country is just... there are no words.

When my old school bought a couple hundred cheap (i say cheap, they were £40 each, so not the cheapest) to give away as prizes, loads of them didn't work, so the school had to return almost a third of them. Obviously whichever make you go for you will always get a few which are faulty, but A THIRD... thats ridiculous... and while those were from woolworths, i've heard bad things about the players from Aldi.

ohh, and for the record, i wouldn't go near an Ipod unless it was free - their a fashion item, nothing more. My sony i bought cos it looks cool :P... bit of a bad basis for a purchase i know but i like it :D
  • here is an email I received from the Tevion service dept. At least they are working on the problem.

"There seems to be a little fault in the Players Firmware so that the
    navigation of folders is a little bit complicated.
    Our factory is already on programming a Firmwareupdate to get this problem
    solved.
    I don't have a release date at this time but you can ask again in about 3
    Weeks i would say."

hope this helps.

By the way....... of course I would buy bread and milk from PC world!! Whyever not?
  • That's been a bigger help than any instructions manual, I was listening to Black Dog (Led Zeppelin, Remasters) through the navigation folder by the time I had finished reading your article! I'd also like to dispel all rumours, so if you are reading this article, please know that Tevion 1GB MP3 players are surprisingly good! Once you have got the hang of the navigation that I have you lot to thank for, it is easy to use and has some great features, like 7 (or 8(?)) backlight colours, nice layout on the the LCD screen, voice recorder, dual headphones port and easy installation of songs (by the way, I found that it took WMA easily, so I guess it's variable). Anyway, thanks!:rotfl: Thanks to edscoug and Prof Yaffle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure