Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• ANNA
    ANNA Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :mad:
    Topcashback made my account dormant because I hadn't logged in for a while. Then when they reinstated my account they "lost" all my accumulated credit. I think this must either be an error by the administrator, as I can't see how they don't have a comuterised record of all credits, or else it is an intentional scam to con me out of my earnings.

Now I have logged on to withdraw my recent credit, only to find they are charging £5 "membership deduction". I never requested to be a Plus Member, Topcashback seems to have done this by default. Another con I think.

Time for these cash back sites to be regulated and licensed.....

I am furious with Topcashback and am contemplating writing to the Press and to Trading Standards.

I have kept my end of the bargain by purchasing via the Topcashback site, but they have not kept theirs! I will treat with caution or avoid!:mad:
  • ANNA
    ANNA Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Topcashback even sent me an email telling me:
    [FONT=&quot]We've noticed that you haven't used TopCashback in a while, but your account balance is still £x cashback![/FONT]
    But when I logged on to withdraw it, turns out it is £x minus £5. Shockingly deceptive tactics really.
  • TopCashBack - Does it leave a trace?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if any of you know whether buying things via topcashback leaves a trace? In work I have a purchasing card and spend quite a lot each month on work related stuff, would going through topcashback/quidco be traceable by my company?

Maybe it's just a foolish idea which could lead to gross misconduct but if it is totally non traceable then it could bring in a little extra cash each month.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bubbs83 wrote: »
    TopCashBack - Does it leave a trace?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if any of you know whether buying things via topcashback leaves a trace? In work I have a purchasing card and spend quite a lot each month on work related stuff, would going through topcashback/quidco be traceable by my company?

Maybe it's just a foolish idea which could lead to gross misconduct but if it is totally non traceable then it could bring in a little extra cash each month.

If the payment card is in your name and the email registered to the company that you order from is your email address then you should be able to, other wise no.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ANNA wrote: »
    Topcashback even sent me an email telling me:
    [FONT=&quot]We've noticed that you haven't used TopCashback in a while, but your account balance is still £x cashback![/FONT]
    But when I logged on to withdraw it, turns out it is £x minus £5. Shockingly deceptive tactics really.

If you email them they will downgrade your account but be aware that the £x amount will include plus member top ups so you will lose them.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying a bit of this lovely weather we are having.

@ANNA - I can certainly look into both your Plus Membership and also any outstanding dormant account funds you may have in your old account. If you can kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk. I can assure you money will not be left in your dormant account intentionally and I will be more than happy to check this once more for you.

@bubbs83 - Using our site will only be as traceable as using any website you may use. However, perhaps it would be best just to let your employer know that you are using your account to purchase work related goods and to run it past them? It's always best to be honest with these things.

Have a nice day everyone - and don't forget the sunglasses!

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • phil_solo
    phil_solo Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    keith1950 wrote: »
    Never had any problem with Top cash back or Quidco on over £4500 of cash back.

As long as you follow their advice and have plenty of patience most people get their money.

Easy for you to say - I have claims against Hotels.Com that are now over a year old and TCB would appear to have done next to nothing to resolve them despite repeated nudges, messages and one or two earlier complaining posts by me on here.

Frankly they are a complete shower of charlatans who are not massively interested in resolving customer queries once they've got their own commission and I have absolutely no faith in them at all. Their click tracking technology is so unreliable and full of holes that I stopped using them ages ago and I just want them to play fair and pay me the fifty-plus quid that is owed to me.
  • abandonded
    abandonded Posts: 305 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2015 at 11:44PM
    Posted in error.
    Abandoned
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think you are being a bit unfair there, when TCB get their commission they will pay you what's owing to you.

If they don't get paid then you won't.

This could be one of those retailers I mentioned who should be dropped from their site but they will probably judge that by the number of failed cashbacks.

No cash back is guaranteed but I do not believe that TCB or any other cash back company are withholding payments once they have been paid .

The whole system works on a sort of "virtual" basis so slight hiccups that can occur cannot always be corrected.

Are you suggesting that if TCB don't get paid then TCB should pay you anyway?
  • phil_solo
    phil_solo Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 April 2015 at 8:37AM
    Frankly at this point an ex gratia payment would be more than welcome! They can then attempt to recover this from Hotels.Com, Tradedoubler or whoever, and if for any reason they can't, well that is a business cost of treating your customer fairly in order to protect your reputation. £50 isn't going to kill them.

I've been with TCB long enough to have experienced a lengthy and depressing catalogue of tracking failures and manual claims that go on for months with no progress unless and until one makes vociferous complaints on forums such as this. You can send 100 nudges and get only silence, but expressing your dissatisfaction loudly and in public is the only thing that might get a response.

I am long past giving TCB any "benefit of the doubt" here. They've been paid for the months in which my hotel stays took place, and I completed my purchases via the TCB site, ergo some of that money should be mine. It's way past time they got this sorted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback