Car insurance for a 16 year old on DLA

Is there a company that will do car insurance for a 16 year old in the UK? Higher rate mobility on DLA enables 16 year olds to learn to drive at 16, but I can't find a company that offeres insurance for me at 16.

Thanks

Comments

• wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    motability cars come with insurance for named drivers and i have never heard a mention of an age limit
    http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=AIE
    if you get higher rate dla and intend to get one of their cars, they also have a grant scheme for driving lessons for disabled 16?-25 year olds but you'd have to ring the grants department to ask.
  • maclean2
    maclean2 Posts: 709 Forumite
    Hi - one of the leading brokers for disabled drivers and adapted vehicles is

www.fishadministration.co.uk

01772 733773

If they cannot help let me know as as somewhere I have the names of 2 other firms.

HTH
  • FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Beccax_ wrote: »
    Is there a company that will do car insurance for a 16 year old in the UK? Higher rate mobility on DLA enables 16 year olds to learn to drive at 16, but I can't find a company that offeres insurance for me at 16.

Thanks

For something like this- a non standard risk you'll probably have to go through a broker to get a range of options.
  • maybe you should look up online car insurance and find the lowest rate and the right insurance company for your son...
  • TH1878
    TH1878 Posts: 458 Forumite
    so basically the non disabled are discriminated against by not being able to learn til their 17

What a stupid comment that is! Have you thought about the issues some disabled people have with getting around; issues that non-disabled people don't have?
  • Beccax_
    Beccax_ Posts: 4 Newbie
    thanks guys
  • punkstoner
    punkstoner Posts: 178 Forumite
    TH1878 wrote: »
    What a stupid comment that is! Have you thought about the issues some disabled people have with getting around; issues that non-disabled people don't have?

What a stupd comment.

Have you possibly thought it is much easier for a disabled person to get around in a city with modern public transport, than it is for an able-bodied person to get around, who lives somewhere quiet, or the countryside.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Is it troll season already ?
    Just a silly person attention seeking-ignore em
    It's possible you may only be able to get insurance as part of a mobility package and it isn't sold seperately but oneof the disability helplines should be able to help you.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family