Avios Points Boosting guide discussion

Comments

• budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    As you are not the one flying either, your opinion wont matter either then.
  • Quite like the idea of a visit to Boston as well, and internal flights with Avios seems to be a really good deal.
    However, we may well leave it for another visit, as only have five nights and probably best to concentrate on one city this time.

I've signed up for a free Quantas account to look for Aer Lingus reward availability,- although it appears it's only a guide rather than being completely accurate.

Going to ring BA and hopefully book in the next few days once oh and I have looked at our date options.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Could anyone answer a couple of questions please re Avios bookings to the US with Aer Lingus from Dublin.

We are hoping to book a couple of flights to New York for next year, as the taxes apparently are a lot less than BA..

Can anyone tell me how much those taxes are likely to be?
    It would be two adults return in economy.

Also, is it true that I can check for reward seats by signing up for a Quantas account and, if so how accurate is the availability of aer Lingus seats shown?

Lastly, I presume I will have to ring BA executive club to actually book the flights, and can't book online? Would appreciate any help and advice.

We flew Manchester Dublin to Orlando last year with Aer Lingus. using Avios

We used QANTAS for finding availability. If you use the Matrix website you can work out the taxes etc http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

You have to book the flights through the BA call centre & they may charge £15 per person as a booking fee. You have to try and persuade them that you had no choice to phone. Pot luck.

Don't forget you have to get to Dublin.
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    As you are not the one flying either, your opinion wont matter either then.

Someone's touchy...
  • mdj1
    mdj1 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Boston is a great city and I recommend getting the train to new york. It runs along the coast for most of the journey and the scenery is stunning.
  • Does anyone else think e rewards are getting better? I find if I stash them I can exchange 6500 points for 2000 avios around every 3 months. Not bad.
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • Does anyone else think e rewards are getting better? I find if I stash them I can exchange 6500 points for 2000 avios around every 3 months. Not bad.

750 Iberia Plus Avios every 2,000 points.

Which can later be transferred to a BAEC or Avios.com account.

Even better!
  • I thought it was necessary to be invited to use e rewards via iberia?

There doesn't seem to be anything on the website. Is the only redemption value 2000 points for 750 Avios, or can you stash them for a better rate?
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • I thought it was necessary to be invited to use e rewards via iberia?

There doesn't seem to be anything on the website. Is the only redemption value 2000 points for 750 Avios, or can you stash them for a better rate?

I can't see any accelerator. 750 points for joining.

Might need a different email address.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/12/12/750-free-avios-in-iberia-plus-from-e-rewards/
  • Yep, tried that link, I get an error message.

Oh well, will keep fingers crossed for an invite from iberia sometime soon.
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£2457.92 TCB.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport