Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Comments

• GaryS wrote: »
    Why on earth are people selling their cds for such a small amount when they obviously cost a lot more when new.

You don't buy CDs and expect them to increase in price.:confused:
    Most CDs you can't give away so a site like this is useful for those (like me) that find Ebay or amazon confusing and too much hassle.

I usually give me old Cds to charity shops so get nothing back. I'd much rather have a few quid in my pocket.

:rotfl: at Max Bygraves CD :rotfl:
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • Thanks for this post, ive just sold about 10 ps2 games for £16.22. All going for peanuts on ebay so thought id save myself the hassle! :)
    'They only had one cow!'
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Hi Lawrence.

Sounds interesting. We have loads of CDs that we have saved on the computer and no longer need the actual discs hanging round.

Do you know of a website where you can sell cd's if you don't have the barcodes?
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
  • Thanks for this, Lawrence...Can't say how good it is as I have never used it before but I am going to look at the site now.
  • I liked the look of it and have put some stuff to sell there as I'm really skint and chasing a winter coat...people don't seem to be buying many CDs from me on Play at the moment (books are booming though!)
  • I used the service last week and found it really good. I sold 11 cds in total and got just over 7 pounds which doesn't sound a lot but they were really old and had literally been sat on the shelf for about 7 years gathering dust. The free post bags arrived two days later and I sent them back straight away. I am now waiting for my cheque.

I would recommend the site if you need to get rid of rubbish cds that no one will want to buy or you don't have the time to sell on ebay, play, amazon etc.
  • Thanks for this. I've been affered £25 for 45 CDs, and some are really old! Is there anything like this for books or DVDs?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Has anyone received a cheque / payment yet pls?
  • this is great for selling my cds - i found that putting them on ebay as there were so many other similar cds, mine never sold -

as for games, ive looked at some of their prices and to be honest, they dont like to pay too much out for these! might be better off ebaying them tbh..

however there are a couple of other options that ill put on the table

www.cex.co.uk (great if theres a store nearby, ive heard some not so great stories about online)

www.tradeyourstuff.co.uk (who i sold my xbox console and 20 games to for cash (significantly more than i would have got on ebay once fees had been taken off) - im going to do a quick comparison of them to gamemagpie but i think they are much better in terms of what they give for your games...
  • jumbojuice wrote: »
    this is great for selling my cds - i found that putting them on ebay as there were so many other similar cds, mine never sold -

as for games, ive looked at some of their prices and to be honest, they dont like to pay too much out for these! might be better off ebaying them tbh..

however there are a couple of other options that ill put on the table

www.cex.co.uk (great if theres a store nearby, ive heard some not so great stories about online)

www.tradeyourstuff.co.uk (who i sold my xbox console and 20 games to for cash (significantly more than i would have got on ebay once fees had been taken off) - im going to do a quick comparison of them to gamemagpie but i think they are much better in terms of what they give for your games...

Yay! Easy £20!

I'm still on the look out for DVD & Book versions of these, so if anybody finds them can your post the sites please.

xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport