The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Amazing progress *go PH, go*

I find photos are sometimes the only way I can 'see' things. I have no visual memory so it takes a photo to show me how bad things have got, but I also love a good before and after 9am-to 3pm photo
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Actually thinking back, probably my most productive week ever was a half term challenge on OS/flylady with lots of before and after photos from everyone who took part.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I definately need to be able to compare the difference Hex and it really keeps me motivated.

I was a bit naughty today. I was supposed to be sewing but the room I work in had become impossible to work in due to mess, clutter and disorganisation. Who would have thought it from me, eh. :mad: so I just started working on it. I have got rid of loads of stuff. Still stuff to sort though. I have a little three draw chest which I transferred all my notions into and get rid of a big, plastic six draw monstrosity. I have deiced even though I need to keep my stuff in there I also want it as a useable dining room. The more I get rid of the less I have to find storage for. I have even talked DH in putting his drums in the spare room upstairs. He did say I could get rid of them but that's his decision to make.

Oh I feel so good with the dif fence and plan to continue tonight. Even though it's going to involve some repairs to floorboards and complete redecoration I can see the bones of a lovely room. I even washed my nets and got them put back up.

Things seem to be moving along nicely and I'm feeling very positive. :j Even DS's ears are normal range at the moment. :T
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    You had such a productive day. It is great when decluttering goes well isn't it? and as you say the more you get rid of the less storage you need and the easier it is to clean

Good news about small boy's ears too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • if my OH said i could get rid of something, itd be out the door before he could change his mind
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    You had such a productive day. It is great when decluttering goes well isn't it? and as you say the more you get rid of the less storage you need and the easier it is to clean

Good news about small boy's ears too :)

Thanks DIA. It's a relief about his ears.

I was ruthless decluttering. There is still a lot to do but the change is amazing. I'm going to sports day this afternoon so I will continue tonight. I really need to spend tomorrow at the sewing machine.
    if my OH said i could get rid of something, itd be out the door before he could change his mind

I would do so but he paid a lot for them. DS drew on them when he was a toddler so they can't really be sold. Perhaps he can give them away.

I have been a bit sidetracked this morning so not a lot done except buying a tin of wood stain. I had a really poor nights sleep to so have been struggling today. I'm going to try and few a few bits then pop off to sports day. Before going to sports day I'm going to pop to a new local craft shop which has opened. It's so exciting as all we have in the local centre are pizza places, nail bars and vape shops. It could be such a pretty shopping area but is being dragged down to be honest.

Right I must get on. Have a good day all.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Well done on the decluttering xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hoping you were able to turn the day around? It is so much harder without decent sleep.
    Take care x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Thank you Abba and DIA.

The decluttering has ground to a halt the past couple of days I'm afraid. It will need to start again on Monday for a couple of hours.

I have not been on for a couple of days as I have been feeling very miserable and had no motivation to post on my thread. I heard some very sad news about someone I know on Friday which really upset me. She is very, very ill and possibly only has a couple of months to live. Poor lady has a 5yr old son and the father has never wanted to know. I feel so heartsick for the little mite. The thought of a dear child being in the position of being all but orphaned at such a young age is heartbreaking. He has a lovely extended family but it's not the same is it? It's been a carp day today with my DS (the joys of autism)and I'm just hoping tomorrow will be better. But whatever happens I'm lucky.

I have a load of work to deliver tomorrow so will be paid for it. My emergency fund will be completed and the rest will be thrown at the debts. Recent events have put a lot into perspective and I want everything done as quickly as possibly. If I have to work lots of extra hours to achieve it I will do it.

Although I'm still working on paying of as much debt as possible between now and going back to work, but, I need a date to aim for to be out of debt. So today I have decided on one year maximum. By the end of July 18 it needs to be gone. At that point I will be a few months off 48 :eek: which give me 2 yrs and three months to get together my 3-6 months emergency fund and also pay off as much of the mortgage as possible. I would love to be mortgage free by the time I'm 50 but I may be pushing it.

Hopefully though I will be consumer debt free in 5 weeks. I'm trying, really, really trying. I finally have an emergency fund so anything is possible.

Right time to get back to the machine ready for a fitting tomorrow.

Have a good night all and look after yourselves. Xxx

• You take care. It's really flooring when you see bad things happening to good and innocent people. Sometimes though it makes you hug what you have, if autism didn't mitigate against that. I know if I hadn't started to pay down the mortgage, start saving, I would not have been able to walk out of the job that was seriously damaging me. You're definitely on the right tracks, just stick with it.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure