IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS/BW Legal - writing defence

Options

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    /quote ... ;)
  • unhappychappie
    Options
    Hi firstly congratulations on your win, I have a question for you now it's all over if you could go back to the day you got the pcn would you just pay it.? Reason I'm asking is I have a pcn from vcs and I read your thread with great interest and wonder if it's worth all the hassle and stress. I've read loads on here probably way too much for this early stage of my case but I really don't think I have the intelligence to go through writing all the stuff you had to do. And the whole process of hitting the deadlines for the court case. I know it's important to fight these company's I did fight a previous vcs ticket at an airport with the help of this forum but that was when vcs was part of popla if you search my name and I won. I just think all cases will now end up in court and it's one to many hoops to jump through. I value your honest opinion.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @unhappychappie - is your current PCN also an airport stopping case?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • unhappychappie
    Options
    No private carpark but no signs on entrance I have photos but don't want to post here yet as I know vcs read these forums landowner is in on the scam I've learned so no point appealing to him.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No private carpark but no signs on entrance I have photos but don't want to post here yet as I know vcs read these forums landowner is in on the scam I've learned so no point appealing to him.

Come back with a new thread if you decide you need some help. Thanks for clarifying.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    For what it's worth - on the case I had I felt like all the effort I had to put in was out of proportion to the original charge and part of me felt I should have paid for an easy life.
    HOWEVER, that perpetuates the scam and finances them to sue people when they very often (usually) have no case. So from that perspective it goes against the grain.
    There is no right answer.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • unhappychappie
    Options
    I'm not scared of going to court there all only human like me I'm more worried about all the hoops you have to jump through to get there and handing them an easy win because I didn't do something correctly or missed a deadline. If it was just a case of going to court saying why I shouldn't have to pay and vcs saying why I should it wouldn't be as daunting. Like most I just want a fair appeal process and the only way to get that with an ipc company is in a court.
  • MadHatter752
    MadHatter752 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    Hi firstly congratulations on your win, I have a question for you now it's all over if you could go back to the day you got the pcn would you just pay it.? Reason I'm asking is I have a pcn from vcs and I read your thread with great interest and wonder if it's worth all the hassle and stress. I've read loads on here probably way too much for this early stage of my case but I really don't think I have the intelligence to go through writing all the stuff you had to do. And the whole process of hitting the deadlines for the court case. I know it's important to fight these company's I did fight a previous vcs ticket at an airport with the help of this forum but that was when vcs was part of popla if you search my name and I won. I just think all cases will now end up in court and it's one to many hoops to jump through. I value your honest opinion.

I have been thinking about this a lot, even before you asked the question and my honest opinion is i don't know whether I would do it again. As LOC123 says the amount of work you do is soooo disproportionate to the amount of the PCN... it is certainly easier to just pay it and never hear about it again but I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to pay them, to fund what they do, because it goes against every cell in my body... I cannot abide the injustice of it. I fought it, not just for myself but for everyone who doesn't know they can, who didn't find the forum and didn't get the help I got.

However, as Umkomaas says in his signature... you have to be in it for the long haul. There often isn't a quick solution. However, the more of us that have been through it, the more "templates" you can crib things off for your own defence/witness statement/skeleton argument. The information on the forum is overwhelming at times when you have no idea what you're doing but we can't say the help isn't there. Sometimes it just takes a bit of searching for. And If anyone ever wants my documents in Word format I will be more than happy to send them.

I was petrified of going to Court, which I didn't need to be but as you're not you have that in your favour.

In terms of deadlines.... I don't think you need to be worried about handing them an easy win by missing deadlines. You just need to keep your dates clear in your mind and if you have your own thread on here, people will help if you're not sure.

As for whether all cases for VCS will end up in court from now on... someone with more experience might be able to comment on this... but the more people that beat them... surely the less people they will take to court... well that's how a reasonable company would work surely :rotfl:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

As for whether all cases for VCS will end up in court from now on... someone with more experience might be able to comment on this... but the more people that beat them... surely the less people they will take to court... well that's how a reasonable company would work surely :rotfl:

Rest assured that VCS will continue and the courts will continue
    to whoop them.
    VCS / EXCEL can only be looked upon as lemmings

Their main problem is without doubt, the use of BWLegal who continue as cash terrorists with no understanding of what they are doing.
  • unhappychappie
    Options
    @madhatter thank you for your reply. let the battle commence
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills