Software4students

Options

Comments

• mike_the_rate_tart
    Options
    They are at least displaying their own number again - select "Contact Us" on the dark grey banner across the top of their home page:

Software4Students
    Dept 150, 47 Botanic Avenue
    Belfast
    Co Antrim
    BT7 1JJ

Sales line +44 (0)20 7193 5335 (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday)

Contact us at: support@software4students.co.uk
  • Rosy1ea
    Options
    Hi Mike, yes they are but you get a ringing tone followed by being cut off or an engaged tone, I tried to call today re my order of the 30th that I'm still waiting on. Very poor customer service in my opinion. And I'm one of those who has a daughter being inconvenienced by this. Could have ordered direct from Microsoft for a similar price but all blurb I read about the company gave me faith that I would get what I was paying for - I haven't yet.
  • Rosy1ea
    Options
    Phone number now' gets you through to recorded options message but dial '1' for Software 4 Students' doesn't register when you select it so you get stuck in a loop - going quietly loopy myself!
  • GentleGiant_2
    Options
    They are at least displaying their own number again - select "Contact Us" on the dark grey banner across the top of their home page:

Software4Students
    Dept 150, 47 Botanic Avenue
    Belfast
    Co Antrim
    BT7 1JJ

Sales line +44 (0)20 7193 5335 (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday)

Contact us at: [EMAIL="support@software4students.co.uk"]support@software4students.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Thanks - but Belfast is not 020 7xxx xxxx ;)

Guess it is a spoofed number - probably VoIP
  • GentleGiant_2
    Options
    http://www.sam-uk.org/ - is their parent website if it helps anyone.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ordered my copy of win 7 on saturday and it was despatched monday, but as yet had nowt, and heard nowt either.

I'll give it a till tues/weds next week and then start making a noise
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • bradc
    bradc Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered Office 2007 on the 4th, and it is not here yet but it hasn't been long enough to worry about, hope it arrives soon but from the other comments am now a little worried I must admit! It was dispatched the next working day after I ordered.
  • peter.collins443
    Options
    Have recieved an email as above from software4students will be ringing on Monday a.m. to find out what iss going on and why the extra delay. The question springs to mind is if they know the software is now missing why haven't they rung microsoft or emailed them and asked them to cancel the registration numbers as a matter of urgency and resent the software with new numbers.

I also intend to ring on Wednesday the 18th to ensure that they are sending the software as promised. Lets hope they honour the email and use a different method of supply

I wish I hadn't seen the advert for this site on GMTV or in computeractive will be sending computeractive a copy of my email as a matter of course so they are aware of this problem.

Found this site that also deals with software for students look for discounted software for students for a company called pugh co uk in google.

If we could have got the Nhs (microsoft) problems sorted out such as creating emails and activation problems resolved on the required sites would have purchased through that scheme as my wife works for the NHS.

Peter Collins
  • danjaq2004
    Options
    Hi - are the Windows 7 ones proper versions, like you'd get elsewhere (for more) - i.e not cut-down versions?!

Kind regards.
  • zinchead
    Options
    I was one of the unfortunates who ordered from their website. Ordered 28th October 2009; shown as dispatched; still not received. I received this email last night.

"We have been notified that a large batch of orders despatched between October 23rd and November 2nd have been lost in delivery. Your order for Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, Order number xxxxxxxx.xx has been included in this batch. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and we are working hard to resolve this issue as fast as possible.

Each product ordered is assigned a specific licence key. We have arranged for the licence key on your order to be cancelled with Microsoft. We are contractually required to supply only one licence per student; as soon as we receive confirmation from Microsoft that the licence key is expired we can then issue a replacement key and re-dispatch your order.

We have been given a date by Microsoft and all keys will be cancelled by Wednesday 18th November. At this stage we can issue a second dispatch. We expect your second dispatch to be with you on or before Monday 23rd November.

If you urgently need Microsoft Office you can obtain a free 60 day trial version here: (Please Note: This should be uninstalled before you install our version)
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/HA101687261033.aspx

I decided to ask for my refund. Still has not been updated on their website.

So as in the title, some more versions made available if you dare!

I would be very worried about this company. The only consilation is that I ordered with my credit card.
    :angry:

micheal5kr.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family