Chat/Text Operator

Hi

I know that this question has been posed before but that thread has been closed now.

I'm looking for a job as a chat operator (but need a company that doens't require you to have a land line - I have a mobile) or would like a job as a text operator.

I've looked on the web and am just confused as to who's the best/worst - if anyone could give me some recommendations I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
:beer:

Comments

• I use a site called adultwork.com

You can use a mobile for the texting.
    Not really comping any more as too ill - but hoping to win £1000+ in 2017 in cash prizes - watch this space!
  • Thanks Treacle - I'm unsure how it works really which is why I was looking to work for a company not independantly. Have you heard of a company called Lips Chat? they train you, show you how to create your own website and then be a freelance on line chat person but they want a £10 fee upfront. I've never heard of them and can't seem to find anything about them online either - seems a bit dodgy!
  • I personally got stung once by an online company wanting an upfront fee. Never again.

They are scams mainly.

Any company offering genuine employment shouldnt want any money at all from you.

The scam I fell for was a data entry one - paid a £10 fee to be told 'Just post the same ad's I have in your own name and cash the suckers £10!' lol.
    Not really comping any more as too ill - but hoping to win £1000+ in 2017 in cash prizes - watch this space!
  • All the companies that I know of a landline is required.
  • 1) NEVER EVER pay an upfront fee for any work. If it is legitimate, it will not ask for a fee upfront.

2) NEVER apply to a company that only has a free @live/ @hotmail address for contact. If it is legitimate it will have a company specific domain email address and be open about it.

3) Be wary of brand new posters that sign up to MSE and seem to have ulterior motives for mentioning certain (dubious) companies in their first posts!
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    SimIsOnTheUp Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    sugarsuze wrote: »
    1) NEVER EVER pay an upfront fee for any work. If it is legitimate, it will not ask for a fee upfront.

2) NEVER apply to a company that only has a free @live/ @hotmail address for contact. If it is legitimate it will have a company specific domain email address and be open about it.

3) Be wary of brand new posters that sign up to MSE and seem to have ulterior motives for mentioning certain (dubious) companies in their first posts!

Good advice Sugarsuze!

I don't buy 'Lauren's' advice at all. As you say, a legit company would not charge any upfront fees, and they would have their own email address too.

Do any of you ladies know of a company who are hiring men for text / phone chat? :cool:

Cheers,

Sim.
  • The adultwork.com seems to hire men as well, im just browsing on there just now.
  • Girlies

I purchased the Lips Chat training CD through them and it is really good - that's all they charge though - i thought it was a weird up front - because i was paying - and i wasnt too sure - but once i'd set everything up, i am earning about 40/50 pounds a day. which i suppose is alright.
    Seemed a bit weird at first, but they are good and you can chat to them live over MSN, so it helps.

Just thought i'd share my experience - Ive been conned enough by work at home companies, but these lot are actually alright L x

Call me cynical but is this advice coming from a Lips Chat employee trying to [STRIKE]con[/STRIKE] recruit on here???
  • can anyone recommend a good company to join? ive looked into this before, but as the original poster says, its a bit confusing. I'm taking it that Lips Chat arnt too good?
    Living Simply, not simply living.
    Cheap Christmas '15

Frugal Living for fifth year running. (2010-2015)
    Weight Loss - 5b/55lb
    Books Read 2015- 7/30
  • Lip's Chat want you to fork out an initial £10 to get details from them (I declined) you also have to set yourself up as freelance and create a webpage - it all sounded like you do all the work and they just reap the £10!

I'd rather work for a company and have the hassle taken out of it for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure