Hole in double glazed patio door for cat flap.

Comments

• Larissa56 wrote: »
    Thank you for this! I live in Chepstow. Would love to use your company. Would you recommend someone, please?

Hi Larissa, just wondered if you had found anyone and how much it cost? Just moved to Chepstow and looking into this. I know it's an old thread but any help appreciated. Thanks.
  • Just been quoted £299+VAT for a cat flap in a uPVC double glazed 2'x6' kitchen door in Newcastle is this about right..if not any recommendations please
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    That seems very expensive Rynton lady & welcome to MSE .Does that include the price of the catflap ? still very expensive £360 wowza.
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • NO that's only the replacement unit and fitting
  • Grovey1
    Grovey1 Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2013 at 10:11AM
    rytonlady wrote: »
    NO that's only the replacement unit and fitting
    That's very expensive
    for another £150 you can have the complete door replaced with a cat flap
  • klasing
    klasing Posts: 15 Forumite
    I'm looking for a cat flap fitter in Nottingham. Just had someone here who gave me a quote of £531, and that didn't include catflap!

Got quote from second place of £240 and microchip flap from Amazon £77 for the flap and the mount. Bit of a saving there!
  • hander
    hander Posts: 201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi,

Anyone know of a good fitter of Sureflap catflaps in double-glazed units in or around N1/E8 London?

The panel is approximately 55 x 60cm - the bottom panel of a door.
    Therefore toughened glass is necessary and obv it would need to be measured professionally in person.

Thanks!
  • Hi

Just moved to the area and need to get a cat flap fitted.

Only real option is to put it in the patio doors, full length double glazed glass :undecided

We have had quotes nearly £500 which is a bit steep!

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    That is expensive . Are they huge doors ? special glazing ? if they are sliding patio doors will the cat flap go in without causing a problem. If they are aluminium doors you need to take the whole door apart to glaze . I wouldnt expect to be charged more than £200/£220 for a new TOUGHENED D/G unit with the correct hole fitted and your catflap installed (so many options i tell customers to get their flap .
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • pud16
    pud16 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Williamrobb88 - as this original post is quite old, do you still filt cat flaps into patio doors? I need this doing please and live in Manchester, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure