Return to Solvency

Comments

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2014 at 2:42AM
    Thanks Lucky, it's easier for me to lose weight as I'm focussing on me right now without family or work worries getting in the way. I'm so determined to get off that plane in Feb and put a massive big smile on DD face. She still doesn't know and I'm planning on losing even more before I see her.

My food choices and cravings have definitely changed. OH wants pizza on Christmas Eve when DS etc come to visit. I've decided the men can have their pizza but DDIL & I will have a healthy ham, nut, pear & cheese salad instead. We'll enjoy it more, it'll be cheaper and we can feel virtuous too

The DGC did have Santa videos, they loved them. DGD2 has asked for the same thing, a pink scooter, every time but DGD1 changes her mind each week. I hope she's not disappointed.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas but am also looking forward to Jan 2nd so I can get back on my diet, repair some minor damage and work towards my Oz goal - I land 9 weeks today

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Had a lovely day with DGD2 today after a few cuddles with little man........

We arrived home and she ran to meet OH, only to be greeted by Mr Grumpy PMT, (pathetic moody tw^t), who just failed to summon up the energy even to be civil. I just ignored him and after collecting DGD1 from school played with my girls, made their tea and ours, (he didn't even utter a thanks for that) and then drove them home.

I have to say I felt like slapping him with the frying pan rather than cooking his tea with it but resisted the urge and have spent the evening upstairs reading.

Granny x

I was just looking over my diary from last Christmas and beyond as I know I'm in a much better situation this year and found this post from Feb 2014. OMG, I laughed so loud I snorted tea out of my nose.

Granny x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello Granny
    Have been struggling to find time to keep up with everyone or even update my own diary as am out at work. Just read your last few posts - so frustrating with the predators :mad:
    One of my defaulted accounts has gone to Moorcroft - spoke to a lovely lady but they don't seem to have got the income/expend info so wanted to go through it all with me on the phone when I phoned to asked which account I was meant to be paying into (they hadn't sent details and I didn't want to miss one) - said it would only take 2 mins but they went on and on as I was on my way out to work. Basically she wanted to see if we could afford the £2/month I am paying them???? in case I couldn't afford.

Lovely to see you spending some fun time with DG's.
    My DD has been home since 12th and keeps cuddling me - hasn't done that for a couple of years. :) Am out at work all day but DD and DS spending some nice lazy time together.

Got to get the tree up today - Christmas will be gone before I'm ready :o

Love n Hugs
    xx NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • grannyx2
    Hello NOA, how lovely to have hugs from DD - I can't wait, 62 days, 2 hours to go :)

How frustrating re Moorcr0ft, I had that problem with them too but I soon got used to refusing to answer the security questions if predators rang, so they had no choice but to write in the end.

You'll be ready for Christmas when it happens, what isn't done won't matter. What matters is family x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• grannyx2
    Just a quick post to say Hi

I'm in a really happy place these days, life feels good. This is such a turn around from how I was throughout 2013.

I love my MSE family and think of you all often, including some who haven't posted in a long while. I hope wherever you are and whatever you are doing life is good.

Yesterday I packed the bulk of the presents and then horrifyingly discovered my little man had one less than his sisters. OH & I were going out anyway so planning on a trip to Arg0s, we first checked out the toy section in Mr T. I found the ideal gift but it's box was damaged. At the till I asked for a discount due to the box, the cashier called his manager who said they couldn't authorise it at the till but if I went to customer services they may take 10%. I decided not to, just in case the toy itself didn't work, it's a battery operated vehicle.

I paid for our shopping and we took it back to the car and went for coffee.

When I got home and entered my receipt in my spending diary I discovered I hadn't been charged for the toy. I know some may question my honesty but I've no intention of telling Mr T. I will however put an extra item in the food bank box when we go shopping on Monday.

I'm really pleased with my purchases this year and can't wait to see everyone's faces. I've only bought for immediate family this year and that's made a huge difference.

Anyway, hope all is well in your worlds.

Granny x

get-very-excited-only-4-days-left.png
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,719 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Awwwww, that's a lovely post.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Fab post and I fully support the toy/food bank deal! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Another vote for toy/foodbank deal :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    edited 22 December 2014 at 1:02AM
    ditto - need to put food bank on my shopping list - a flea has a better memory than me. I see the trolley on my way in and say to myself "must get something". But if it isn't on my list I don't get it and there is no way I am going through a checkout again. Then I feel really guilty. Feel free to ask me if I have put it on my list. It is also on my other computer so I do mean it when I say ask me if I have done it as it is not turned on today but I should do tomorrow as I have someone's SA to file tomorrow.

Please see note re paranoia re 2 computers, one of which never goes online. Anyone think you are paranoid - you are an amateur!
  • grannyx2
    Thanks for the support. Extra food put in food bank and a small toy in the toy bank today. I put something in the food bank every week, I just double up on something I'm buying anyway, box of cereal, bag of pasta, jar of jam, washing powder. (Often its a 3 for 2 or Bogof offer but it's the thought that counts)

Our night away was lovely. Small amount of Christmas shopping, lunch and then drinks in a pub. Time flew and before we knew it was time for dinner. We went to the 'red cafe' c/o Mr T vouchers, 3 courses, wine for hubby and sparkling water for me £8 - bargain. OH couldn't take his eyes off me, plus I got chatted up by a guy whilst OH was at the bar. OH took it in good humour. He told me how proud he was of me and promised to give me £250 if I lose another 3 stone by the beginning of May. The bet is most definitely on! I can't remember the last time I felt so content.

2.jpg

Granny x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback