Collect+ (Collect Plus) Promotional codes?

hi!

does anyone know of any discount codes for the great delivery service collect+ (https://www.collectplus.co.uk) ?

thanks in advance
PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist

Comments

• George666
    George666 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Hi OP I don't know any codes but from previous bad experiance with them as a buyer waiting for a delivery to be made I would not use them at all.
    Also the fact that as a seller on ebay using a service like this is not covered by the seller protection program it is probably not a good idea to use this service to send items sold on ebay as a paypal charge back could leave you with no money and no item so really this service is totally unsuitable for ebay deliveries.
    And finally read this thread to see what other members think about this companies service link below.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1970575
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thanks George666, someone else has posted positive info as well now so looks like they have got their act together now.

I'll look into the 'Seller protection' query, as ebay were recommending them previously and now u can even link your ebay account to the collectplus site:-

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/ebay
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

• Mancunian
    Forumite
    aaaahhhh

ebaycollectplus.jpg
    PLAY GOOD!

• George666
    My bad experiance as a buyer was just last week so they most definitly have not got their act together.
    They kept telling the seller that the parcel was at a local shop so I went there and no parcel was there for me to pick up.
    When the seller checked his local shop it had not even been picked up it was still in the shop it had been sitting there waiting for over a week.
    If the seller did not tell them about this they would have never known as they thought it had been delivered to my local shop.
    When I finally recieved it it looked like it had been soaked in water at one point and dried out luckily the item was undamaged but I say this again this was one of the worst sale experiances I have ever had on ebay and it is a bad experiance due entirly to collectplus.
  • George666
    Mancunian wrote: »
    aaaahhhh

ebaycollectplus.jpg
    This only counts if you live in the shop the parcel is being delivered to as the tracking in the event of a paypal claim has to be to the registered address of the paypal account holder everyone who regularly uses ebay knows this.
    Proof of delivery to a shop will not count as proof delivery to a customers registered address regardless of what this two bit companies website says.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,034
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I think ebay are being a littl enaughty there as that is very misleading. It isn't ebay protection that worries me it is paypal protection and unless parcel tracks to the address in paypal that they say is 'OK to send to' you will lose a claim.

Anyway, if i buy something i want it delivered to me, not to a shop where i have to lug it home again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mancunian
    Forumite
    edited 8 December 2010 at 6:15PM
    George666 wrote: »
    My bad experiance as a buyer was just last week so they most definitly have not got their act together.
    They kept telling the seller that the parcel was at a local shop so I went there and no parcel was there for me to pick up.
    When the seller checked his local shop it had not even been picked up it was still in the shop it had been sitting there waiting for over a week.
    If the seller did not tell them about this they would have never known as they thought it had been delivered to my local shop.
    When I finally recieved it it looked like it had been soaked in water at one point and dried out luckily the item was undamaged but I say this again this was one of the worst sale experiances I have ever had on ebay and it is a bad experiance due entirly to collectplus.

Hi George, thanks for the info.

Did the item have full tracking details online as they are repeatedly Barcode scanned along it's journey.
    What did customer service say?

Soolin, just noticed that the eBay linked site ONLY lets u use the £4.99 'direct to door, service.

The store collection service is good for people out in the day say at work. I usually give my buyers the option and separate prices.

Remember, this is simply an easy interface to the existing Home Delivery Network.
    PLAY GOOD!

• George666
    Mancunian wrote: »
    Hi George, thanks for the info.

Did the item have full tracking details online as they are repeatedly Barcode scanned along it's journey.
    What did customer service say?

Soolin, just noticed that the eBay linked site ONLY lets u use the £4.99 'direct to door, service.

The store collection service is good for people out in the day say at work. I usually give my buyers the option and separate prices.

Remember, this is simply an easy interface to the existing Home Delivery Network.
    The customer service was none existant as the tracking showed it was at my local shop when it was not and had not even been picked up from the sellers local shop so to the customer service team it was a case of computer says no we had to get the sellers local shop to phone their team to verify the parcel was still there before they would do anything at all about it.
    Now you mention the Home Delivery Network it all makes sense and I thought I recognised the poor level of service when dealing with collect plus.
    See this link that will tell you just how rubbish Home Delivery Network really is.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2614991&highlight
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,034
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Oh so it is Home Delivery Network is it, that's me out then regardless of whether it is to a shop or door to door.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mancunian
    Forumite
    Yup, if u get bad service I won't use them either, so far so good.

It's good we have a lot of choice these days!
    PLAY GOOD!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport