Telebilling TBS Telecom Billing Service Scam

2»

Comments

• mangadarkogirl
    mangadarkogirl Posts: 106 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2009 at 3:27PM
    Hi, I recieved x2 sms from two vodafone mobile numbers: 07500585741, 07500585763.
    I called both numbers which just ring out. NOT the 02081142920 number.

From reading other users messages, I'm getting really worried. I don't know how they got my number, I am really careful with my details and I'm on the TPS list, so I shouldn't be getting any unsolicited calls/messages. Has anyone had this company ask for money without calling the number in the sms?
    Debts to date: A&L Loan: Paid Off!, :TMMU:Paid Off!, :T
    Student Loan £10,000(+4,000 in interest)£14,000, :rotfl:
    NHS Bursaries: Paid Off!
    :T
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    I have been receiving several messages about calling adult chat line. The messages I been getting say the following:
    From +447944073972
    Im home alone in a skimpy top bored and need some action call my landline 02032858239
    ready anytime PAM:)
    over 18only FM08704296103

I have called the mobile and it just rings, I called the landline and got through to some adult chat line from telecom billing services. I hanged up immediatly. i called both numbers from my land line at work so they cant get my home number or mobile. I called the 0870 but no joy as no one was answering and went to voicemail. I didnt leave my details. The other option was to get their address details but when you select this, it just says thank you and hangs up.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to how to stop these nusiance texts coming through? I am sick of them. I called my mobile provider and they cant block them as its not an info service but offered to change my number, which I dont want to as I changed it already. I am thinking of going to the police to get it investigated.

I would suggest you ought to be careful when phoning these or any other numbers from your work phone. Many companies monitor calls and internet activity, people have been fired for doing similar.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As I have just said in the other thread, they don't harvest the numbers from anywhere, the numbers are radomly generated and some hit live numbers, others don't.

I had one of these texts the other month, and was rather bemused to find that the number it had come from was my other mobile, no record of it on the sending phone, really strange!
  • I emailed vodafone and my network provider. Even though i stated that Vodafone's customer was violating their t&c's they said they can't do anything.

My network provider offered a free number change. I haven't heard anything/got any more sms, so hopefully that's it for now.
    Debts to date: A&L Loan: Paid Off!, :TMMU:Paid Off!, :T
    Student Loan £10,000(+4,000 in interest)£14,000, :rotfl:
    NHS Bursaries: Paid Off!
    :T
  • marrtayy
    marrtayy Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 3 January 2010 at 5:01PM
    message: HI - When you can call my number 0208****451 i can be naughty and nice ;-) julia Xx

i would love to know where they have got my number from i seem to think that a website has passed my details on to a third party when i find out i will get back a post on this forum!!:mad::mad: :eek:

Board Guide Edit -

Telephone numbers removed incase of advertising purposes.

Both are new members of the forum, probably 1 post wonders.

Regards,

Alias_Omega
  • The_Fire_Marshal
    The_Fire_Marshal Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 3 January 2010 at 5:00PM
    Received this mornng....

message: HI - When you can call my number 0208****451 i can be naughty and nice ;-) julia Xx

How do they get our numbers? Im on T-Mobile and have had quite a few of these text over the past 18 months sinse going over to T-Mobile.

:rotfl:And I cannot beleive that there are so many people out there that are still blind to all this and phone these numbers and bow down to their demands.:rotfl:

Board Guide Edit -

Telephone numbers removed from the post for potential advertising purposes.

Alias_Omega
  • Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As I said earlier in the thread, they haven't purchased your number from anywhere, the company send out random texts to random numbers, some are live and some are invalid numbers.

Just ignore the texts, delete them and move on with your life
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Why don't you just keep a nice very loud whistle and give it a damn good blow down the mouthpiece when they call again?

It really does surprise me how so many people can get caught by scams and then worry themselves sick when they allegedly get threatened over the phone, just tell them in the strongest possible terms where top get off.

If anyone rings me for details i tell them where to go and what to do, my bank called once and they were not pleased that i would not confirm anything with them. Just tell them to foxtrot oscar.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Driver8 wrote: »
    my bank called once and they were not pleased that i would not confirm anything with them. .

That really annoys me. They give you this crap about do not write down passwords, divulge details blah blah and then phone you up and ask for security info. They have your details and they just dialed you f>>>>g number. Do they assume the person answering the phone is impersonating you or what? :confused: Then they try to sell you their financial products :mad:
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    2x Posts edited to remove telephone numbers.

Both members joined in Jan 2010 to make an Initial Post to potentially advertise the numbers on the website.

Both posts edited to remove both numbers.

Regards,

Alias_Omega
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family