PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tattycath I tend to do that but then DP moans it's too cold, seriously 31 going on 70.

I would however suggest running your heating for a short time before it needs to be on. Simple reason after October last year here it was so difficult to get heating repaired, December was impossible. Well worth testing it.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • We've never needed the heating on yet,never felt the need too.
    It is a bit chilly this evening but not uncomfotable and nothing a throw on the sofa won't fix.
    I agree with running your heating to test it and while its on you can check all the radiators and bleed any that needs doing.
    Better done sooner than later when you might wish you had anyway especially when you might need repairs.
  • It is off , off, off. Either having early menopause or it is rather hot down here.:p
    Don't forget smiling :):):)
  • merlin68
    merlin68 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    You lot with heating on must have more money than sense. I still have all the windows open and the fan on. It's not winter for ages yet.
    Cold is good for you, it kills of the germs. My heating will go on, when it drops to 0.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    merlin68 wrote: »
    You lot with heating on must have more money than sense. I still have all the windows open and the fan on. It's not winter for ages yet.
    Cold is good for you, it kills of the germs. My heating will go on, when it drops to 0.

same here! last year we didnt put heat on until november and within a week of it being on we all came down with flu and colds.

and if the kids get cold they love to snuggle under blankets with mummy - only time i get huggles these days!!!!! :rotfl:
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We're in the really fortunate position to have a new gas boiler and radiators, so have been trying the heating out a little. After 30 minutes this evening it went from a bit cold to somewhat tropical and had to go off again. The old boiler would be just about getting used to the idea of heating up after 30 minutes! After all these years with an extremely elderly back boiler and paint caked radiators at this house and one not much better at the last house, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for the concept that the numbers on the thermostat over 17 degrees are more than hypothetical.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Heating is on some mornings for about an hour. Some evenings I fire up the stove from about 8pm. Otherwise I get under a throw with a hot water bottle!
  • On Because me and the boyfriend are freezing
  • Mine's still off and the patio doors are open. Although according to my phone it's 12c but feels 7c; can't see me having the door open when it's 7c in winter though
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Still off here. Outside 11C inside 18C so a while yet I hope.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure