Product support ag ?

Options

Comments

• djdust
    djdust Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with it. Sadly, it's 3 years since I inadvertently signed up to it and got fleeced. Give 'em hell.
  • gardenbod
    Options
    It IS re. Know How, Whatever Happens cover. I used it (deliberately) for a new laptop. Just as well, as right after the 12 months, it had a nervous breakdown and wouln't even run the boot program. The problem was cured promptly.
    It does seem that Currys/PCWorld's implementation may be a bit susupect in some cases.
    Also, remember that money taken from a Credit Card is by a Continous Payment Authority, not a Direct Debit; these are more difficult to get rid of.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    gardenbod wrote: »
    Also, remember that money taken from a Credit Card is by a Continous Payment Authority, not a Direct Debit; these are more difficult to get rid of.

They shouldn't be, as long as you can get past the 1st line numpty that usually provides "customer service". (The law changed a few years ago to allow card holders to cancel CPAs without the company being able to object, but training by card providers to their staff is STILL somewhat lacking in this area).
  • anne_wren_lawson
    Options
    i have just got the same on my bank account and i do not know what it is for
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

You've come to this thread, read that it's Currys/Pc world & still don't know what it for?

Have you bought anything from Currys or PC world?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 November 2016 at 11:22AM
    Options

You bought a TV, computer, laptop, a white good from them ?
  • zantos
    zantos Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My wife bought an Acer computer from Currys which had a hdmi port for the display. She had to buy a TV to use this computer and the sales assistant was "kind" enough to "give" her a months free cover in case she had a problem with connections. I am an IT engineer and quite capable of dealing with this BUT it was free so she agreed. A month later a charge of £6-50 appears on the credit card statement and looking closely at the thermal paper receipt this shows a "Monthly Card Mandate" has been added although the first charge of £6-50 is reversed out. What a clever way of deceiving customers into unwanted cover. :mad:
  • vrbarreto
    Options
    zantos wrote: »
    My wife bought an Acer computer from Currys which had a hdmi port for the display. She had to buy a TV to use this computer and the sales assistant was "kind" enough to "give" her a months free cover in case she had a problem with connections. I am an IT engineer and quite capable of dealing with this BUT it was free so she agreed. A month later a charge of £6-50 appears on the credit card statement and looking closely at the thermal paper receipt this shows a "Monthly Card Mandate" has been added although the first charge of £6-50 is reversed out. What a clever way of deceiving customers into unwanted cover. :mad:

Yes it's a common tactic.. They hope that you'll forget to cancel during the free month.

Anyway I though most modern monitors have a HDMI input so a tv was a bit overkill unless it's being used for that as well.. or an hdmi to dvi cable.

Anyway they will try and see you anything...

I went in there and refused their kind offers of KnowHow and was quizzed on my IT knowledge and didn't seem to get that I didn't want their silly priced office offer.
  • Davangere
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I have found a similar charge from Product Support AG on my bank statement for £5.50 every month. On further investigation, this charge has been going back for the past 14 months! We have never bought anything from PC World that warrants this charge. We called the bank who have been helpful but it also meant that they disabled our debit cards and I had to wait for a week for new cards to arrive. If this is not fraud or at the very least unfair trade practices - I dont know what is.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Davangere wrote: »
    Thank you for this post. I have found a similar charge from Product Support AG on my bank statement for £5.50 every month. On further investigation, this charge has been going back for the past 14 months! We have never bought anything from PC World that warrants this charge. We called the bank who have been helpful but it also meant that they disabled our debit cards and I had to wait for a week for new cards to arrive. If this is not fraud or at the very least unfair trade practices - I dont know what is.

For 14 months you didnt notice it, how come ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback