".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Thanks Lucky, I'm pleased you had a lovely trip to yorkshire.... thats my old stomping ground! Where abouts did you stay?

I'm doing ok, still bleeding, my re-scan feels like a lifetime away but I am keeping busy with the little Hinge's. Had to take Superman's trousers back as they wouldn't fit over his rather peachy behind! :o He has found a love of food and is sure "filling" out! New ones found eventually at fit after a fitting room comedy sketch which left a lady in stitches. :A Amazing sense of homour this quirky one has!

I believe we are all sorted other than schoes for Missy H, we are waiting on an orthotics appointment but need to get some black Dm's in the mean time. I have booked the opticians but need to rearrange as there wont be enough money to cover bills day and glasses.... tax credits go in the day after :cool: always the case!

We have been busy working on a "pocket money" plan with the little H's today. Much encouraged after master H had a meltdown over some tat-filled magazine at the shop..... so what pocket money do you pay our [STRIKE]little horrors[/STRIKE] darling children? Missy H tends to earn the odd £5 here and there for cutting the grass but generally they get stuff as and well.... up until now obviously :o I suggested £2 a week if they complete the list of daily jobs with the option to earn extras.....
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • mary_hinge
    Yesterday we went for a walk along the canal with a lovely friend from superman's school, we picked enough blackberries to share with our neighbour and still make 2 huge crumbles, one FF for missy H and a ordinary one..... nothing beats crumble and custard for breakfast :o

Superman has been to his dance class today, then we called in to the mini mr T's on the way home for some milk, picked up some Ys veggies as Superman wanted to make some soup.... and he not only tried some but ate half a bowl :T he has asked to cook it again some day to have with some cheese on toast :o it's lovely seeing him try new foods. Master H tried some reluctantly and declared it disgusting, it really really wasn't but if it doesn't come out of a packet or tin then he isnt interested :cool: that will have to change.

The ironing basket is over flowing and I fear I can no longer ignore it. that may have to be tonights job in front of the tele.

I have a leg of lamb defrosting for dinner tomorrow, will be the first roast we have had in a will but really looking forward to it, will use the left overs for a minted lamb stew for the freezer, a quick meal that will fill a giant yorkie on busy days!
  • Crumble and custard for breakfast sounds perfect!!

Sorry you are still bleeding. The not knowing is awful, where you can't dare to hope but you can't bear not too :(. Big hugs.

Glad to hear superman is branching out his taste buds :j.

We stayed in a lodge in Selby last week, and did day trips to Harrogate, York and Ilkley. T'was lovely!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Thinking of you Xx
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thinking of you Xx

Me too. xxxxx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge
    Thanks Ladies, I feel like I am wishing the summer holidays away just so I can get to my scan appointment. Bleeding seemed to settle yesterday but is back today, less then before but it's back.

Ironing done, house reasonable, replacement part has arrived for the actifry today and we've had a picnic at the park this morning with master H's school friend. Swimming lessons today but I'm hoping mr H will step up to them.

Cashed out £10 in my rewards account for paying by DD, would like to say it's gone in the holiday fund but it hasn't :cool: will go in the pot for petrol and shopping until tax credits hit the account later this week. :( feels to tight to breath budget wise this week. Must keep my fingers on the money alittle closer for a while, squash some bad habits.

Looks like some imagination is going to be needed for food for the next few days, we have lots of food in the cupboards and freezer, the fridge is rather bare tho :o thinking of making a sausage pasta thingie for tea. Will be good to clear the stores out abit, try some new foods and get out of the rut that has become our weekly shopping routines.
  • mary_hinge
    The Little Hinges went back to school with no hitches, we even made it there before the school gates opened :j

My scan showed that I have had a miscarriage but have some retained products, another 2 week wait before they decide if any intervention is needed. I'm ok, been busy with the little Hinges but I fear this may hit me in a few weeks time when the realisation kicks in. Mr H is looking after me but remains really matter of fact and emotionally detachted :(

We spent the BH at a lovely out door adventure park with a friend, free entry with some vouchers we had so other then petrol to get there only spends were ice creams/lollies for the kiddies. glorious sunshine for a change!

This week is master H's birthday and his party so I will be up to my eyeballs in chocoalte cake and mini sausage rolls! Presents all bought (nothing full price obviously! :o) and wrapped out of sight!

Money looks ok this month.... well if the car passes it's MOT :eek: fingers crossed nothing much is needed!

Mrs H x
  • Big hugs and lots of love. You know where I am when you need me Xx

Happy Birthday Master H :bdaycake:
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have been thinking of your dear lady, please take good care of yourself. Happy birthday wishes to Master Hinge too.

xx
    MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge
    Thanks Ladies, I'm ok, back to the hospital tomorrow - hoping for good news and the all clear. fingers crossed.

Master H's birthday and party went really well, he is an amazing mischievous caring little man and I am vey proud of him :)

I had my first weigh in after my return to fat club today -4.5lbs off :j maybe more good luck then deserved after the 2 lots of chocolate birthday cat ;)

Back to the note book and recording daily spends this week - need to find out where the money is disapearing :cool: 5 days in and we have already spent £45 over our weekly budget for food, petrol and activities :( I did buy bulk lots of toilet/kitchen rolls, softener, cheese strings, ribena and potatoes to last the month and beyond so maybe I'm looking at this wrong on a week by week basis and should be thinking about the much bigger monthly/yearly picture?

Mr H's car is due it's MOT at the end of the month, I have some money put by in for this and hoping there is nothing that needs fixing, it has been well looked after and drives well but it is a old (10 years) car on the scheme of things these days.

I did pick up some xmas bargains for Missy H in primark the other day, she is Harry potter mad! I also ordered some scout camping bits in the Blacks sale to also put away for her... click and collect to save postage costs.

A big bag went to the library yesterday full of used books after a pre birthday clear out, I also gifted some unloved craft items to the local craft group to clear some space. Major lego storage re-jiggle has been needed over the weekend to make way for birthday Lego and the little H's have rediscovered some previously forgotten favourites!

Fridge gravel soup with left over chicken made in to wraps for tea, I've got chicken breast marinading in the fridge for chicken tikka tomorrow night :D my favourite fake away!

How is everyone?

Any one seen Stripes? I need a custard cream!

Mrs h xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills