IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New Generation parking management

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me with this. It’s all so confusing.

My daughter parked in a gated parking area at a marina to go on a boat. She was with a friend who had a fob to get through the gate and the friend told her that parking was free to him and his friends as he had a fob. It was dark and she saw no signs to the contrary.

A few days later my husband had a PCN from New Generation parking management (car in my husband’s name but insured and driven by my daughter). The charge was ‘parking without permission/permit’. I contacted the marina who advised me not to worry and they would email the company to say she had permission to park there, although the friend should have registered the car in the office at the time but they would support the appeal anyway. I’m not sure the office is even open all night.

I used the appeal process and stated my daughter was driving and explained the circumstances, pointed out the marina supported the appeal and clicked send. I had no response back at all,( not even automated email). After 14 days I rang them to ask if the appeal had been considered but they directed me to an online portal I had missed previously. This said ‘appeal pending’. I heard nothing at all. No post came and no emails at all. Then yesterday a final reminder has come in my daughter’s name. She has not received a first PCN at all in her own name, so to receive a final reminder was a shock. I then looked at the portal again and discovered the appeal was rejected as the parking restrictions are clearly stated at the entrance to the site and a permit must be displayed at all times. She tells me she did not see any signs and that it was very dark anyway, she believed her friend who had a fob to access the gate.

I have now emailed them to point out that they have not issued a PCN to my daughter and also that they should check their emails from the marina as they fully support my daughter parking there. But I guess they will just ignore me again. They have only sent the first PCN to my husband and a final reminder to my daughter. No other correspondence has been received at all.

Can anyone help at all? Cheers Karen

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked to read up in the newbies faq thread about the game you are caught up in before starting a new thread

Go there now to get an understanding of all this

They are chasing your daughter because you outed her as the driver.

AS well as following the processes as set out in the faq she should keep on at the marina to get this cancelled.
  • Thanks
    I did look but it's all very confusing.

I told them my daughter was the driver as part of the appeal reason. Wrongly thinking they were human. The marina is being helpful and stated today they have all sorts of problems with the management company.

It's just easier to pay at the start even if it's not fair. Before they up the price.
  • Quentin

It's just easier to pay at the start even if it's not fair. Before they up the price.
    It is, but you would be help them continue to operate this business model!

Aren't you (she) prepared to fight them now you've got a better understanding?

Don't let up on the marina!!
  • As they didn't inform us the appeal has been rejected the next stage IAS is now too late from what I understand. I have emailed them again and am pursuing marinas help in the meantime. But they seem to have ignored the marinas support in this.
  • Quentin
    If you read up about the IAS in the newbies faq thread you will see the futility of appealing to them!

Not a good idea to keep contacting them - lets them know you have been hooked and are someone who they can pressurise!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 September 2017 at 11:42PM
    As they didn't inform us the appeal has been rejected the next stage IAS is now too late from what I understand..

That's a good thing!

You would have lost at IAS and felt on the back foot. We always give it a swerve (POPLA is fairly good, but the IAS is dire) and we concentrate more on complaints re IPC firms. If it goes to a small claim, fully-coached posters here win 99% of the time. You can't get better than that record of wins, anywhere.

Complaining to your MP is also strongly encouraged, not least because there is a new Bill going through next year which we hope MPs will support, and curtail some of the worst conduct of this scumbag, gutter-dwelling industry.

The more that various MPs hear from their constituents about the parking cowboy firms in 2017/2018, the better.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure