PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2017 at 12:45PM
    Yes, no problem. Not a simple question to answer, particularly when there's potential illicit activity involved.

Please do let me know when I can edit out the property details without inconveniencing you. While I've obfuscated them from searches I should still remove them as soon as I sensibly can.

Not particularly relevant now or to Land Registry title matters but for background there's winding up legal process ongoing against the individual's company that will seek to make him liable for the debts of the company due to his conduct as a director (an attempt to extort money for him as an individual from a third party, backed by a threat of having his company default on its debts, which is what he proceeded to do after the extortion was refused), in addition to the freezing order against both him and the company that was in place last year. So far he's apparently been trying to ignore that court order as far as he can and beyond what he lawfully can do. I assume that any completed sale will face attempts to have it reversed either based on the court order or, if he is ultimately made personally liable, he would probably end up being bankrupted and the sale might face an attempt to reverse it as an attempt to remove assets from the bankruptcy estate. Please don't quote this paragraph, I'll probably edit it substantially later to remove anything that may potentially identify the situation I'm writing about.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,779 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    jamesd wrote: »
    Yes, no problem. Not a simple question to answer.

Please do let me know when I can edit out the property details without inconveniencing you. While I've obfuscated them from searches I should still remove them as soon as I sensibly can.

I'd do it now - email us at customer.service@landregistry.gov.uk with the details copied and pasted. And add in that it follows on from MSE comment
    We'll pick it up and email you a reply and also post a general comment in here for all
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • No mortgage
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2017 at 4:43PM
    I'd do it now - email us at customer.service@landregistry.gov.uk with the details copied and pasted. And add in that it follows on from MSE comment
    We'll pick it up and email you a reply and also post a general comment in here for all
    Thanks, I've done that.
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Query regarding the Land Registry Property Alert Service which I am registered for.
    I have received an alert regarding 'land adjoining' our property apparently made by a firm of solicitors, quoting a Title number and a Land Registry Application Reference, but on searching around the LR website I can't find anything appropriate to finding out more about it. Is there any way of doing so? 'Land adjoining' would seem to be our garden or a Council garage block behind us in which we own 2 garages.
  • Hi all,

I'm desperately after some help deciphering something on the Register of title document on a flat I'm selling...
    In Part A, Property Register, Point 2 there is a note which reads 'The rights granted in clause 6 of the Second Schedule are excluded from this registration.'
    Clause 6 in the second schedule of my Lease states that I have an EXCLUSIVE right to park in a particular space marked on a plan of the development.
    Does this mean that the Right to Park is no longer valid?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • datostar wrote: »
    Query regarding the Land Registry Property Alert Service which I am registered for.
    I have received an alert regarding 'land adjoining' our property apparently made by a firm of solicitors, quoting a Title number and a Land Registry Application Reference, but on searching around the LR website I can't find anything appropriate to finding out more about it. Is there any way of doing so? 'Land adjoining' would seem to be our garden or a Council garage block behind us in which we own 2 garages.

As a non Land Registry thought - perhaps you could ask a Councillor if they know of any plans re that Council garage block (which is the most likely of those possibilities imo). You can also read minutes of your local Council meetings online.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    datostar wrote: »
    While you wait for a response, have you you looked on your council's web site for any fairly recent planning proposals in your immediate area?
  • Land_Registry
    datostar wrote: »

You must have set up an alert against that particular title. But there's no way of checking what it is online via the website.

When you set up the alert had you checked the title number? And are you the owner?

Alerts are intended to notify you of applications against titles you own. The idea being that you own it so if you don't know who the applicant is then there's a possibility it might be fraudulent or an application to protect some other interest.

Do you own the title against which the alert has been linked to?
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Dallas77 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm desperately after some help deciphering something on the Register of title document on a flat I'm selling...
    In Part A, Property Register, Point 2 there is a note which reads 'The rights granted in clause 6 of the Second Schedule are excluded from this registration.'
    Clause 6 in the second schedule of my Lease states that I have an EXCLUSIVE right to park in a particular space marked on a plan of the development.
    Does this mean that the Right to Park is no longer valid?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If that's the relevant clause then the right is not guaranteed through registration but excluded.

So it's a case of it not having been validly granted at the time rather than no longer valid, as that suggests it once was.

When a lease includes rights which cannot be included then this is the type if note made. This invariably happens when there is no evidence to back up the lessor/landlord being able to grant that right e.g. They don't own the parking space

The devil is in the detail re such things of course so when you bought what advice did your solicitor give you re that note and the lease?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback