Topcashback Feedback Thread

Comments

• Lu_T
    Lu_T Posts: 906 Forumite
    Wouldn't use any other site. Fab cashback rates and the opportunity to get more than the advertised rate via its accumulation bonus. When we did have an issue it was quickly resolved and cashback paid.
    MSE Parent Club Member #1
    Yummy slummy mummy club member
    50% slummy, 50% mummy, 100% proud
    Imogen born Boxing Day 2006
    Alex born 13 July 2009
  • Used to use Greasypalm but as they got bigger, everythign went wrong and became too much effort to get anything at all. I've had absolutely no problems since switiching to using Topcashback instead. Only one query which they dealt with very quickly.
    Everything is set out on the site clearly if you bother to read it - it quite clearly states you should log in at least every 6 months to keep your account active (you don't need to use it, just log in) and insurance offers always make it clear you must remain a customer of the insurance co for 90 days after the transaction before cashback will be deemed payable.
    The top-up function is fantastic and their info on how quickly each cashback is likely to take in terms of tracking and becoming payable is fairly accurate.
    I love TC and have recommended it to all my friends!
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    From what I remember someone on here saw my complaint and reinstated my deleleted account including some accumulated cashback. However, they really need to increase the 6 month limit to a year at least, along with an Email warning it will be deleted unless you log in.
  • jenlan
    jenlan Posts: 7 Forumite
    I have only ever used TCB for cashback. Their service is very good and the payout of money, when requested, is very reliable and quick. In common with others that have posted, I have found that it is the insurance companies that have 'let the side down' by sometimes taking a great many months to pay out, but TCB are always good at keeping me posted on developments. Overall, I'm very happy, and have had some good 'discounts' on stuff I needed anyway!
  • DaPhenom
    DaPhenom Posts: 64 Forumite
    Had £2632 payed out to me since i started using them, can't rate them highly enough, very few problems and the few that i've had, have been sorted quickly.
    MFW - £79,349 outstanding Nov 2010
    Target - £3000 by Dec 2011
    Current OP - £0/£3000
  • Gill7229
    Gill7229 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post
    I've never really had any major problems with TopCashBack, and I've used them quite a lot. To date they have paid me over £300. I have had a few minor problems, mostly with cashback not tracking to the full amount (or showing at £0). So far, most of these have been rectified and I have been paid most if not all of what was owing. Sometimes it can take a while to receive the payment from the date of the purchase, but I don't really find that to be a problem. Overall I would recommend them. Nice that you receive all 100% of the cashback too, unlike some other sites.

Gill
    :T
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Switched to TCB after problems extracting money from Quidco - never looked back.
  • Minerva69
    Minerva69 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've been with Topcashback for quite a while now, they are the only cashback site I have used as I'm not keen on paying the £5 Quidco charge. Recently I have had more problems with TCB not tracking, I don't know if that's down to the retailer or TCB. It isn't my computer as I haven't changed anything.

I have had 3 cashback claims on the go for over a year now, that tracked but haven't been paid, so I don't think I'll be getting any money! One was from RAC breakdown (£22) and Kwik Fit Insurance (£42), the other from Shirt City (£6). I have "nudged" TCB but nothing seems to happen, I don't think they have the capability to chase up every individual claim.

There are some retailers who used to be on TCB but aren't any longer (eg Sports Direct). Would also like to see Amazon on there rather than Nectar.
  • just the insurance sites that let it down
  • funkyhitman
    funkyhitman Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 October 2009 at 7:26PM
    TCB are always good to chase things up, though I've noticed they've removed the 'nudge' function to remind them about open queries.

I still have the nudge function...maybe you used it too many times!
    I have unresolved claims from Dec 08 and April 09 which I have almost given up on. I suppose there's no harm in leaving them open until they are either resolved or closed by TCB (I assume they do this after they get a 'NO' from the retailer?)

Apart from the above I am very happy with TCB. Most items track and the ones that don't (apart from the above) have been added when queried with TCB and paid by the retailer.

One thing I notice that hasn't been mentioned, and I feel should be included in the main MSE article is that:

'TopCashBack guarantees that:

If you can find a better rate of cashback for your purchase from another online cashback provider, then we will match the rate if you choose to use TopCashBack for the transaction.' http://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/76

I have tried this once and TCB agreed to offer the highest rate I could find so TCB really are the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure