Eon. Night unit rate. Start, end time period.

Hi,
Does anyone know the start and end time of Eon's night time rate (on prepayment meter)?
Just got Eon's new meter price rates, night rate is 1/3 cheaper. I was thinking of doing all the laundry,dishwashing, etc during the night. But I need to know the time of when the night rate kicks in. Is it midnight till 5am??

Comments

• lv9783
    lv9783 Posts: 5 Forumite
    hi we are using eon and think your right night rate is the stupid times of 12 til 5 or something, have you found your unit consumption has gone up considerably with them?
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The time isn't set by your supplier - it's set by your region, and may change with GMT/BST
    There was a thread on here asking a very similar question.

The tariff was set up for those using night storage heaters, so it's not that stupid - not much electricity used at night, but not worth tunring power stations off, so offer it cheaply.
    Depending on your tariff you need to use at least 20%-60% of your electricity at night to make it cheaper - without storage heaters this can be very difficult.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi markdeer2004,

The times do depend on your region, as they will differ from area to area.

If you can let me know your area I can let you know your times.

SwanJon is right you do need to use enough energy on the night rate to make it benificial to have economy 7 prices.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure