Complaining to Debenhams?

Has anyone got any email addresses that I can complain to Debenhams as I have had a bad experience with them, is there anything on this board about your rights with shops and refunds? thanks x
:jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I haven't got the relevant info you want, but I would say that if you want to complain do it by snail mail to the head office, and to the highest person you can manage. If you can get the name of the managing director write to that person. All the information should be on their website but I don't have time to check for you right now!!

Good luck.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • I_am_mad
    I_am_mad Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    Thank you Jane thats some helpful information I will have a look around!! xx
    :jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j
  • mp7125
    mp7125 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Hi I always use the website How to Complain as it will direct your complaint to the right dept. All the best.
  • karen69_2
    karen69_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    From the website:
    Customer Relations
    Debenhams Retail plc
    1 Welbeck Street, London
    W1G 0AA

Tip: if you don't have any joy with their Customer Relations Dept (they can be downright dismissive) just leave the first line off the address and try again - that's the only way I got things done after going back and forth for weeks. If you don't get the answer you want, be persistant! Good luck
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    I_am_mad wrote: »
    is there anything on this board about your rights with shops and refunds? thanks x

Well to get an answer you'll need to provide all the details.
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you have 28 days to bring it back.
    Tags should always be left on. Brought back in a re sellable condition, all that stuff.
    You need the reciept else it is exchange for product at that products current selling price, regardless of the amount you paid for it in the first place.
    If you have the reciept and its outside of the 28 days you can exchange it or put the money onto a gift card.
    If someone else bought something on your behalf by card, they are the ones who need to return it because the return must go onto that card. If not then it is an exchange or gift card.

I think that is about it. If i were you i would find out the name of the top cheese. Or the manager of the store would probably be even better than that. I know that if a customer has complained about something to the store manager something more likely is to be done about it.

Although it does depend on your case. Thats all i can think of at the mo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure