Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,842
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So long as the delay was on your flight to the US and not back, and was not outside the airline's control, write to United Airlines at the following address: United House, Southern Perimeter Road, Heathrow Airport, Middlesex TW6 3LP
  • kingjs
    kingjs Posts: 18 Forumite
    Can anyone help regarding a claim I wish to make?

I was travelling to china from london in april via HK on cathay pacific

The plane departed an hour late from London due to a repair that needed to be made and as a result I was unable to board the connecting flight from HK to China.
    The airline put us in a normal coach to the airport which we were meant to arrive in, all in all the time it took to get from the airport in HK , going through immigration, baggage reclaim etc to the airport in Guangzhou was approx 4 hours.
    The flight time would of been 55 mins. I wrote to cathay pacific and they offered 10,000 miles which I replied back to say I did not want , they did not reply to this message and I contact them again, with no response , I then emailed about 3 other offices and still have had no reply. Can I do anything more?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kingjs wrote: »
    Can I do anything more?

You need to read the FAQs; it's all there.
  • Hi Martin

Myself and 7 others in my group were left to wait for 5 hours at Barcelona Airport with very little information as to why we were delayed.
    We were initially told it would only be 2 hours and were given vouchers to buy a sandwich and a drink (to keep us quiet) - We took off 5 hrs later. Apparently there were problems with our plane so we had to wait for another one to leave Portugal, drop the passengers in London then come to Barcelona. We received this information from the cabin crew. Not Acceptable.
    On my return i decided to complain and found a template on your site which i adapted to suit and sent. This was on the 23rd June and i still haven't received any reply from Monarch.

Could you advise me as to what my next move should be please?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Forumite
    Hi Martin

Myself and 7 others in my group were left to wait for 5 hours at Barcelona Airport with very little information as to why we were delayed.
    We were initially told it would only be 2 hours and were given vouchers to buy a sandwich and a drink (to keep us quiet) - We took off 5 hrs later. Apparently there were problems with our plane so we had to wait for another one to leave Portugal, drop the passengers in London then come to Barcelona. We received this information from the cabin crew. Not Acceptable.
    On my return i decided to complain and found a template on your site which i adapted to suit and sent. This was on the 23rd June and i still haven't received any reply from Monarch.

Could you advise me as to what my next move should be please?

The Monarch thread is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384583
    you will also find details on the court process int he FAQs
  • Mla
    Mla Posts: 1 Newbie
    We were delayed for 7 hours coming out of Turkey, with Thomas Cook.

We used your template and were offered £1291 for four of us, in vouchers. Declined these and have had payment direct into my account. All within 6 weeks.

Thomas Cook were quick, polite and helpful, throughout.
  • knighter
    knighter Posts: 77 Forumite
    I must be having a bad morning - I cannot see where on the Flightstats website you find if a specific flight arrived late and by how much - can anyone help?

I have created an account and logged in.

Thanks.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Forumite
    knighter wrote: »
    I must be having a bad morning - I cannot see where on the Flightstats website you find if a specific flight arrived late and by how much - can anyone help?

I have created an account and logged in.

Thanks.

there is a Flight Status box on the right hand side of the home page
  • knighter
    knighter Posts: 77 Forumite
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    there is a Flight Status box on the right hand side of the home page

Thanks, when I clicked on the calendar icon it only offered me dates from around now - didn't realise you could edit the text date.

Thanks again!!
  • shell69_2
    shell69_2 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    So long as the delay was on your flight to the US and not back, and was not outside the airline's control, write to United Airlines at the following address: United House, Southern Perimeter Road, Heathrow Airport, Middlesex TW6 3LP

Hi,

I have just filled in my small claims court form and used the United address in Chicago - is this wrong then? I couldn't find a UK one.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure