TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor

Comments

• JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes, without trawling through old files, most platforms I've used will show you the investment book cost and the current valuation side by side on each line of stock.

CSD, HL, iWeb and TD definitely do. I've not been with the others for some time so cannot comment on them.

I left Cavendish (Fidelity lite) because I hated the portal, at the time it couldn't even display a simple cash held on account figure and no amount of menu digging could produce it.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    while i have no idea what the new td direct / interactive investor charging structure will be, i can't say that i'm very hopeful about the prospects of being able to continue to pay no holding charges for a S&S ISA that only contains shares (no funds).

This is where I'm at as well. I was planning on moving more to TD Direct but that's on hold now. I have an iWeb account which I opened before they started the £200 opening fee, so looks like they might get more of my business. Although no doubt they'll start hiking fees at some point soon too.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The OH is with TD. I'll wait to see how the jointing process works but I'm not enamoured about going to III.

Our dealing/ISA accounts do not contain UTs/OIECs and my account is with X-O so it may be that is where it ends up. X-O is good but basic.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • I received my email today from TD. I'm not expecting good things to come from this. I left II post RDR.
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am with you, greygymsock! TD was the ideal platform of holders of shares, etfs, in a ISA wrapper with minimal trading. We need a TD leavers thread if this possible fee structure changes comes to pass..

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
  • Waiting to see what happens when they take over might backfire, if they introduce an exit charge.
    I'll be leaving whilst the going is good, I think.
  • rail.link wrote: »
    Waiting to see what happens when they take over might backfire, if they introduce an exit charge.
    I'll be leaving whilst the going is good, I think.

the current terms of service specifically say that, when you're given notice of a change in the terms, "you may close your Account without penalty or loss of credit interest within 30 days of receipt of that notice" (16.3). which implies you would have a chance to exit before any exit charge would take effect.

the other practical point is: will the provider you move to also (currently) have no exit charges?

i do find the idea of moving in anticipation of adverse changes in charges a little odd. it won't really work unless you're clairvoyant or lucky :) ... what you could do now is think about where you might move to if there's a need to move.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Dird wrote: »
    Cavendish~~

Thanks, but I mainly invest in shares (mainly investment trusts and REITS).
  • the current terms of service specifically say that, when you're given notice of a change in the terms, "you may close your Account without penalty or loss of credit interest within 30 days of receipt of that notice" (16.3). which implies you would have a chance to exit before any exit charge would take effect.

Those are the current terms. Would they remain the same on take over ? Don't forget this is iii we're talking about.
    Plus they retain your debit card details and are quite happy to use them even when the account has been closed.
    I'd much rather leave while TD is still in charge.

the other practical point is: will the provider you move to also (currently) have no exit charges?

Yes, already sorted.

i do find the idea of moving in anticipation of adverse changes in charges a little odd. it won't really work unless you're clairvoyant or lucky :) ... what you could do now is think about where you might move to if there's a need to move.

I appreciate what you're saying but to each their own. :)
    It works for me because I don't want to be part of an organisation where iii are running things.

• rail.link wrote: »
    Those are the current terms. Would they remain the same on take over ?

yes, because a take-over merely assigns td direct's rights and obligations under the contract to another company (iii). if they want to amend the terms, they are then obliged to follow the process under the existing terms.
    It works for me because I don't want to be part of an organisation where iii are running things.

ok, so it's not actually about charges for you. you don't want to deal with iii, regardless of what they charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure