View First Direct Mortgage in App!

Did you know you can view your first direct mortgage in the FD app without having to have a current account? This has changed since September when we first got our FD mortgage and I was annoyed that I couldn't view my mortgage online. The online help desk told me that I needed to open a current account, but when I phoned to do so, the lady said I only had to register for phone banking and then I could use the app to view my mortgage, which I have now done. Hope this is helpful!

Comments

• ricky_v
    ricky_v Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was annoyed that I couldn't view my mortgage online. The online help desk told me that I needed to open a current account

I'm not sure about that? I can view the FD current account and reg saver online, but cannot seem to view the FD mortgage, unless I need to specifically ask them?
  • clairebeth
    clairebeth Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I still cannot view my mortgage online, but I can now view it in the app, which is just as good for me, (just download it from your app store).
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was good to see that they added this late last year, added loan balances at the same time
  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you can't (or don't want to) use the FD App, you can also sign up for text alerts for the mortgage through the website so you get a balance update each week.
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • geek1981
    geek1981 Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    this was very useful, thank you OP. just setup mine to view mortgage without current account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure