Returning shoes after wearing them - painful

Comments

• What make and model and what was their purpose? Cross-training, treadmill, aerobics, weights?
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would try ways to soften the part where it rubs instead of chucking them away. I've rubbed raw potato on shoes before now because the starch softens and also banged the part with something hard.
  • Cpu2007
    Cpu2007 Posts: 723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    These are jordan eclipse, described as a high impact protection shoes, which makes the suitable for treadmill as well as weights in my opinion. The problem is with the upper side of the trainers, the side top line,which starts to hurt after a while. i'm not gonna through them away but will attempt to soften them or sell them and see how it goes.
  • Cpu2007
    edited 13 September 2017 at 9:44AM
    I never said "high impact workout trainer"
    I said described as "high impact" shoes as on JD sports they state they provide maximum impact protection while traction pattern to the outsole delievers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces.
    To me that sounds like trainers that can be used on a treadmill as well as weights
    https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/black-jordan-eclipse/281751/

and durability for a hard-wearing, comfortable ride. An Air Sole unit in the heel keeps your feet feeling good with maximum impact protection, while a herringbone traction pattern to the outsole delivers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 September 2017 at 9:47AM
    Cpu2007 wrote: »
    I never said "high impact workout trainer"

https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/black-jordan-eclipse/281751/

and durability for a hard-wearing, comfortable ride. An Air Sole unit in the heel keeps your feet feeling good with maximum impact protection, while a herringbone traction pattern to the outsole delivers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces.
    Try reading your own posts, you described them as "high impact protection shoes", something they're clearly not. If you go to the Nike website you'll clearly see them listed as a "Lifestyle" mid-top shoe, so no wonder they rub on your ankles.

If you want gym shoes then buy gym shoes, if you want shoes to run on a treadmill then get some running shoes.
  • Cpu2007
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Try reading your own posts, you described them as "high impact protection shoes", something they're clearly not advertised as. If you go to the Nike website you'll clearly see them listed as a "Lifestyle" mid-top shoe, so no wonder they rub on your ankles.

it says on their website "maximum impact protection"
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cpu2007 wrote: »
    it says on their website "maximum impact protection"
    On the street maybe, but not in a gym environment.
  • Cpu2007
    neilmcl wrote: »
    On the street maybe, but not in a gym environment.
    while a herringbone traction pattern to the outsole delivers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces

to me that implies gym as well.
    I don't see my self doing multidirectional movements on the streets unfortunately.
  • Cpu2007 wrote: »
    while a herringbone traction pattern to the outsole delivers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces

to me that implies gym as well.
    I don't see my self doing multidirectional movements on the streets unfortunately.

They are in no way described as a workout show, sorry, just looking at them you can see theyre not built for use in a gym....

Maximum impact protection does not mean 'high impact protection' (as you called it) it just means that shoe offers maximum protection against general use. It doesnt state anything that implies high impact protection.

This literally just means theyre comfortable, move with your feet and are suitable for different surfaces (grass, road, indoors). NONE of that suggest gym...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure